I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for the last few months to get my daughter added onto my Carte Vitale.  I feel like i am banging my head on a brick wall!

I sent a copy of her Birth Certificate, translated into French at their request, to be told it's not accaptable as it doesn't have her parents names on. 

So then i sent a copy of her 'certified copy of an entry' which has our names on and we paid extra for when she was born, again translated into French, another 50 euro's, and again not acceptable. 

I contacted the Registrar back in the town we come from in England who said that they don't do 'full' certificates anymore and that the one we have is all they do.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?  Does anyone know of any way round this problem?

Views: 985

Replies to This Discussion

I recently ordered full certificates for all our family online (http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/) - as ours were somewhere in storage - which they posted to us in France for our carte vitales. I then got them translated and stamped and sent off. RSI did then keep writing to us asking for the English version, then the translated version (stamped), English version, French version (stamped), etc. etc. and so on and eventually sent us the form for the photos to be attached. But, seriously it took a long time of sending things over and over and them asking for the same thing repeatedly. They often wrote to us about the children saying that things were wrong but we knew we had sent everything that they needed and more.

I do know the name of a good but relativley inexpensive translator if you need it.

Good luck x

Thanks Clara,  I have found the website and ordered a new copy however the woman i spoke to when i rang to check that it did include everything, told me that it will be exactly the same as the 'certified copy of an entry' that we have.  She also said that they often get people ordering new forms for France as the French seem to like recent dates on the forms, fingers crossed this works.  We have paid about 45 euro's each time to get forms translated, how does that compare to the one you use?

Ours were the same for the mortgage etc. we never needed any translations but for the RSI - well they seem to be in a league of their own for requirements. Pam - we pay 25 euros per certificate - if you would like the details just let me know.

I have just checked our certificates and it is the copy of the certified entry that we have and they were happy with that. Maybe send yours as well?

Thanks Clara, i have sent you a friend request if you could send me the details of the translator that would be great, do you send them scanned copies of the originals?   Like you say RSI are in a league of their own.  We never needed anything translating when we bought our house either.

will try and send her details now. Not entirely sure how so maybe a pm or may be public :-)

I am belgian , all my papers are in flemish  , but  I got my papers all without  translation ... I just explain to  them  what is on it  , never had any problems  , getting carte vitale or   whatever     ---It s not always necessary to    spend money to translate    things ,   it depends all on the goodwill of the office  ....

Wow, lucky you, i guess the office in Toulouse is low on goodwill!

Funnily enough, I noticed the adversion is not to "foreign languages", it's only yo English. Getting an Australian driving licence changed over was a NIGHTMARE, until I came up on someone who's son had been to Australia, took an interest, and got my papers through. Before meeting this lady, I had been told so many stories, but all with a recurring theme "english documents, mumble mumble mumble".

After some moving around, I had a Belgian licence (flemish), and found it was transferred straight away. Yes, driving licences are differrent, because there is a standard European model, but, I've come up on this problem with quite a few documents, and forms.

if not sure how to explain things , take a friend who speaks  french -- hubbie is english, he always    explains  his  french is limited and appoligises for  that  , but even him gets away with all    his stuff     without translator  , and when he needs one , I  am there to help  ...we bought our house , got all the notary paperwork done  ,   had all our papers   to add and     even got a mortgage from a french   bank with   not even one paper   from   employers or income  translated --we ' re getting small refund on the  mortgage from the caf  [ allocation ] and there the same  , all paperwork  without translation 

You can have the birth certificate apostilled, this makes it a legal document. The Registry will tell you how to do this.

You can get the birth certificates apostilled, this makes them legal documents, which have to be accepted. The Registry will tell you how to do this.

I'm with RSI and they, too, have asked me twice now, to send birth certs..I've posted fresh copies this morning!

We've waited 2 years for our carte-vitales to be returned after I sent them back when they asked me to..I should NEVER have done this. All my french friends say it was not a good idea. I suspect the RSI may be institutionally racist. French friends have warned me about this with the RSI.

I think Jane's idea of getting the birth certificates apostilled, sounds like a failsafe possibility to try but I do actually feel the RSI are the real issue. They've always got our cotisations wrong and generally try to charge too much. They don't like dealing with people who need CMU from working for low self-employed wages either..I've had the receptionist tell me not to compare the systems with the UK because I'm getting things "free". I said it wasn't free when I've already paid my dues.

When they ask for Copies of birth certs they do need to be recent ones--I think within 3 months


© 2016   Created by James Higginson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service