Random Image Posting

James Higginson's picture
If you want to share your images with the group and would like some honest critique (positive or otherwise!), post them here, if they don't fit into one of the other categories.
Ron Birks's picture

that, James, is a really nice picture.

Stephen Rennie's picture

Hi James,

How are you ?

Je connais ton travail LOL.

Very well thanks, and you?

Stuart Wilson's picture

Did you use a stopper filter James?

Ron Birks's picture

excuse the side comment, but so right John, a Dali-scape.

Ron Birks's picture

another world, thanks really lovely.

Ruth Eglen's picture

Hi Mike, Thanks!

It was a lucky shot - I just glanced out of the window, and this little chap was watching me cook dinner!  I used a Canon EOS 500D, with a small zoom lens, then cropped the image to its current size..not really sure which numbers on the lens relate to what - but NEED to learn - I feel that I am not making full use of this camera, and that's a shame.

I tend to just play with the settings until I get a result I like, but with this one, there was no time for playing - just grabbed the camera and wound off a couple of shots!  Lucky they were even in focus!  :)  I plan on uploading more pictures as and when I find the time, and would love any feedback!

Cheers

Mike Staubes's picture

Thanks for the info. I thought the squirrel was shocked to see you...click...too late Mr/Ms. Squirrel. Would like to see a photo of just his/her face. This is a good site to post photos and get ideas and critiques. I normally don't critique, just a word here and there as in the photo below by Stuart. He is a good photographer and I steal his ideas all the time.  :-))  I would recommend you upload photos and just post a short message that you would like suggestions/comments, etc. on your work. It will take time to get full use of your camera and there are other dimensions that need to be developed; namely, composition, experimentation, and developing an eye for a good photo to just name several. (Still working on all of them.) There are some good photographers on SFN that can assist you. Ciao  

Mike Staubes's picture

Nice photo, Stuart.

Stuart Wilson's picture

Thanks Mike. I think I used a gradient effect :D

Hi Edward, 

Use the photo icon in the text editor to get your pictures to display in the post itself :)

Thanks

James

Ruth Eglen's picture

Used Canon EOS 500D, Please send me feedback - want to learn to make the most of my camera!  :)

Ruth Eglen's picture

Mike Staubes's picture

Like this one. Nice colors and focus.

Ruth Eglen's picture

marijke taffein's picture

this  picture is taken in   Guadeloupe  , Panama   

neil whitehead's picture

Where did you take them?

neil whitehead's picture

great expressions on those young faces.

Stuart Wilson's picture

My Niece has asked me for some family photos so I'm doing a bit of browsing. I love this one. Capbreton of course...............

neil whitehead's picture

Happy people! Well captured, windswept-you can smell the briny.

Stuart Wilson's picture

Thanks Neil. It is quite a naturally happy shot. But then I'm biased.

neil whitehead's picture

I would blur the background in PS.

Stuart Wilson's picture

Agreed, or do it on the Camera in the first place ;)

Mike Staubes's picture