A warning shot on post-brexit reciprocal health care!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/28/brexit-european-health-insurance-card-ehic-healthcare-europe-uk?CMP=fb_gu

1 Like

Andrew, if I could do a ‘sad face’ instead of a ‘like’, I would do.

Martin

2 Likes

:rage:

3 Likes

Cheap lazy Guardian reporting full of inaccuracies, lacking in facts and littered with would, could, might, may. Nobody knows what will happen, what was the point in posting it?

1 Like

A lot of people read The Guardian
 and could well be rather worried
 so it’s up to us to calm their fears
:smile:

And this is specifically about EHIC cards as well.

Yes, I too am worried that people read the Guardian.

2 Likes

Sorry Sue what’s your point?

OK I’m more than aware that nothing’s been sorted as yet, it was more just for info, that’s all, and yes it’s aimed more at UK nationals travelling in Europe but
 some seem to live here on a semi-permanent basis relying on such cover and if things do turn out this way it may mean no health cover for all those who currently rely on the reciprocal agreement. ie unless you work here and contribute into the secu then you need to sort out private cover. Not trying to scaremonger either. Ignore if it doesn’t interest you.
PS just as likely to post/read any other broadsheet, saw this and thought it might be of interest to others, thats all, doesn’t affect me but may affect others :wink:

6 Likes

Well said Andrew !

I guess the folks who need to be most concerned are those French residents using the S1 route as their health care cover since the UK issues their EHIC card

3 Likes

As long as you live here permenantly and fulfil the criteria you would be able to access health care. PUMA is available to EU and non EU citizen a alike. Problems would arise -as you say-for those who live here on a non permenantly basis or depending on what happens with S1’s-people who rely on that to pay their cover. But you don’t have to work to be eligible to join PUMA.

2 Likes

As the “journalist” was spouting various inaccuracies about the current process how can we take him seriously about something he knows nothing about and is merely regurgitating idle speculation? It certainly wasn’t a dig at you Andrew.

1 Like

Not half as worried as I am about people reading the Daily Hate. Sorry Mail.

6 Likes

As opposed to what, The Daily Mail, The Express and the like? Yes, the Guardian does have too many typos and it is posting “might happen” articles, as are all of the newspapers. However, the Mail, The Express and the like post, as always downright lies and go out of their way to spread hatred. Thanks but, I’ll stick to The Guardian and The independent. I like intelligent reporting, with a choice of viewpoints and a reading age of above 10.

7 Likes

hi. what is PUMA please ?

Gillian-it’s the replacement for CPAM. Started last year.

No it isn’t ! - PUMA replaced the CMU-B (de base)

1 Like

Gosh yes-sorry slip of the finger. I meant CMU. Thanks for putting it right. So many acronyms in french life!!

Dear All,
A message from Languedoc/Roussillon, The Aude. EHIC already being refused here. A friend recently needed hospital treatment, on holiday from UK, and they would not accept his EHIC had to pay with a credit card.

Robert and Sandra Hird
Aude.