AE Home Office "working from home"

Thanks Brian,

My thoughts too, and yes french bank statements sounds right :-)

It has to be a 'real' bank according to what I have so far found out, also it has to be here in France so that there are French statements, blah-di-blah and paypal is an American, international digital 'wallet' based e-commerce business, so not technically a bank. Hope that helps.

Oops, I hadn't read your link. Thanks for that information about the group, Elaine, I will look into this.

Sorry, I don't know about PayPal, neither does my accountant unfortunately.

Yes, I know a personal acc will do, thanks for sharing Donna.

I am still unsure if paypal (or similar) qualifies

Micala,

please read my general comment - but just want to say thank you for the link and FB group info. Much appreciated. My french is not good enough to visit Impots office, but I may get some help from my accountant.

I didn't think I had to attend the 5 day workshop/training for professional liberale... I will need to investigate further, thanks.

Yes, I am aware the extra bank account does not have to be a professional/business account. My Q was specifically about paypal (or similar online system).

Regarding which trade, I would never deem to try and abuse the system, I am sorry if I gave that impression. But there is a specific Q within the application process that if I answer yes, will incur extra (or minimum) cotisations whereas if I say I am not working at home, I wouldn't have to pay - it's too confusing.

I am also aware that the CFE kicks in after year 1.

Thank you both Micala and Donna for your comments.

Just to add to Elaine's comment: I attended an official autoentrepreneur information session a few years ago. There is a lot of speculation about these bank accounts. The only requirement is that you have a dedicated bank account for this business. It does not need to be a professional account. A personal account will do. If a bank tries to pressure you into opening a professional account, tell them it is not a requirement, or find another bank. This is what I was told, and my bank had no problem with it.

Hi Elaine. CFE applies to all AEs as of January 2015, and is based on a number of factors, the most obvious being based on your turnover, but it is not. There is no obligation to say that your business is run from home, in the case of trades where there are more home visits than being at a 'base'. There are various options on the form that you complete and you are best advised to visit your impots office. I work from home online, but my workstation is no more than 60cm by 2 metres and OH is trades and predominantly not at an office at all.

You cannot register as an AE and not identify the line of work you are doing. Many signups are now requiring that you attend a 5 day workshop on the ins and outs of running a business which is in French.

s for bank accounts as the AE scheme has now morphed into a micro enterprise there are a number of things that will now apply as of a result of this http://autoentrepreneurinfo.com/obligation-de-compte-bancaire-dedie you might want to check out this link regarding the bank account. There is much talk and it seems that having a dedicated but not necessarily professional account is a requirement. Many banks are insisting on having a professional account. There is a private Facebook group called Ladies In Business In France which houses 1000+ females either thinking of running a business in France or are doing so, some in 1st year and others in double digits, so there is a wealth of knowledge and advice being circulated. Please search the group and feel free to join.

Running a business is serious business and unfortunately the one size fits all approach is being phased out, due to various abuses made over the years by French and non-French.

Hope this helps.