Airbnb- rules and regulations

Thanks Simon for your answer we have tried that payment method coming from world pay ,I receive pay ment from other non french persons mainly from UK in euros converted by there uk bank . Air
bnb received our money by credit cards in the states paid at time of booking ,Simon are you with airing do you receive money in euros from them ,are there any other reader’s in this situation, sorry about the spelling I am on predictive text yours chris

Hi again! Airbnb pay to my PayPal account - soooo much easier!

Bob, it depends whether your Mairie collects this tax. There are only two gites in our very small rural commune and we are exempt.

Hello all! Here’s an article that covers most of the rules and regulations that you need to abide by when renting out a property in France via Airbnb: https://bilingualminds.com/2017/09/29/airbnb-in-france-rules-and-regulations/

Hi Elisha

Thanks for the link. It’s interesting to note the long list of places where the use of AirBnB might be restricted… I had no idea it was so extensive… :blush:

It sounds like France has a better handle on registration of Airbnb than we have here. Airbnb is destroying our neighborhoods here in New Orleans. Recently our city council demanded registration/licensing but there is no real way to enforce illegal STR’s. We’re most decidedly not fans of AirB as their business model sometimes pits neighbor against neighbor and they seem as a company to have no interest in local views and impacts. But that might just be here. Supposedly ppl who avail themselves of Air B licenses are now going to pay taxes on the income which is a start at least.