Almost 12 points and still have my English driving licence

I fail to see the bravo attitude in being able to flaunt the speed laws. They are there for a purpose, not for non french to play with! This blaisé attitude is so common amongst the UK expats, and is another black mark on relations between them and their hosts. Just drive properly and stop all this crap!

Hi Isabella, can you tell me what happened? I’m in the same situation, except I’ve been here nearly 5 years and still haven’t changed my license. I’m up to 8 points and have only just received the most recent notification today of one I got at the beginning of January, a hidden camera in a 90 zone on the autoroute by all the junctions as you enter the city where I live, on my way to work so I am bound to have got over 12 points by now I think. What did you discover and what would you suggest doing? Especially now we are in climate brexit :frowning:

You don’t “get” points in France. Your French licence is issued with a maximum of 12 points, which you lose one or a few at a time when you commit offences, and when you have no points left you lose your licence. If you don’t have a French licence then you never had your 12 points in the first place so how can they deduct them, but people do say they are recorded. But you won’t be aware of this one way or the other until or unless you decide to/are told to change your licence.

I would suggest keeping your mind on the job and trying to drive more carefully…

1 Like

So much for the address issue…