Any old iron ? Great Weekend Event

Did any of you go … and, if so, …what did you think of the event…

All (polite) comments welcomed.

No but I wish that I had. Mind you I did go out for a drive in my VdC on Saturday that was an unexpected treat in February.

David… You might like to make a note for next year…

I was surprised by how few English/Brits I spotted.

The Organisers asked me for feedback from the foreign viewpoint… hence my post…

In my case it’s down to advertising. People don’t go to things that they don’t know about. I live not too far away but only saw any mention of it when I drive down through the Dordogne heading for the Lot on Friday. Not one of my contacts or social media links mentioned it at all. Does it always take place in February?

David, this year was a first for the newly-formed Association.

Advance publicity was mainly through the media and the press (La Vie d’Auto etc) and those electric revolving advertising boards…with posters/handbills distributed at other Car events…

Friday’s Sud Ouest rated it as No 2 in their suggestions of “5 things for the weekend” (second only to Elvis, which is forgiveable :wink:)

Several Car Clubs took up the invitation and came along… encouraged by the beautiful spring-like weather…

Personally, I think it was an excellent weekend (but I am biased)…

I will pass on your comment re advertising…

1 Like

David… I was trying to send another link to some super photos taken throughout Sunday… but it won’t work… …just keeps giving a single photo… sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/Vaap-Vaapérigueux-163615997416667/

Facebook works better… :heart_eyes:

Thanks. I had a good look online and one of my FB contacts posted some photos as well. It looked great. I would be grateful if you could keep me up to date with any activities planned in you area for April 30th. and any other dates throughout the summer).
Thanks.

OK David… will do…

what car do you have ??

I’ve sent you a message.

1 Like