Art & Design

"Rebekah", work in progress, pastels on Canson Mi-Tientes paper, 60.96X45.72 cm

Hi! I am not living in France yet but will be in two years (if not earlier). I belong to several French art groups on facebook and will be seeking actual membership in a few of them. I have sold my art since I was 10 years old. I have made my living selling and teaching art for over 50 years. I used to market my work at outdoor art festivals and juried art shows. I have hundreds of commissions in my past. Now I am scrambling to market my work online. Since I just sold a work in progress after posting it on the Pastel Society of America's facebook page, I think online marketing looks like a good bet. Anyway, I look forward to discussing art with the members here. I am including a photo of one of my paintings here so that you might learn something about me through my art.![](upload://fByPOfOySxpBAZ75cSBe7iOepod.jpg)

Thanks Suzy

Hi Stuart, You could try Boesner,theres a shop in Bordeaux or on line.

Hello everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.

I have a question concerning framing. I'm struggling to find suppliers of card for photo framing (photos up to 75cm wide) in France. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It is so expensive locally!!

Poppy Appeal 2013.

Here are 2 copper poppies I have made for the 2013 Poppy Appeal, to help raise funds for the Royal British Legion.

See more information on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/ForgedArt.eu (likes/shares appreciated!!) Or if you wish to purchase please look ay my Etsy online shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ForgedArt

To follow the watercolour theme,heres one I did this summer.![](upload://hTKtPj3gTYhmCLkOqfO0zD6Q4Pq.jpg)

it's sunny here too, Neil. Btw, love the essential kit - mine is missing the glass! Like the pics - am just dabbling into water colour myself and enjoying it immensely.

Lovely work. Where are you that you actually had autumn sunshine recently!!

The paintings are lovely...am seeing greeting cards before my eyes... Love the watering can....

nice little sketches Neil.

I had forgotten how satisfying it is using water colour paints-some quick sketches from the terrace today in the Autumn sunshine.

essential artist’s kit

Lovely work. Our house and barn(!) were both covered in fitted carpets so we had the delightful job of scraping it off as it was well stuck down. We had a friend who tiled the barn - 240 sq.m - and I did most of the house which has ruined my knees forever!As none of the walls are square this was interesting.

My latest floor hours from finishing

mmmmm they are beautiful, very French, our vintage ceramics in the UK are pretty subtle I love the way the French use colour and are less formal. I love tiling full stop it is all good but the slight differences in style country to country (before petrol engines and motorways came along) are just fantastic

fabulous work Damian. I love floor tiles and am always looking through open doors to see if there any arou![](upload://fxoFwmQTXj4cU4x0DMdPHuCOKs3.jpg)nd-these I took recently in St. Foy le grande.

Hi everyone, my name is Damian and I am a ceramic wall and floor tiler BUT I love to play with my tiles and create things which in every day life are not made from ceramics, currently working on a shop mannequin with a very nice bum and boobs she is deep blue with a bright orange stringy bikini and is driving me nuts I cut the ceramic to accurate shape ( no longer than 1.5 cm by 1 cm) and follow the contours of the body with the direction of the tile. Problem is my work takes a long time and I never want to sell any pieces. Below is my Monday to Friday work

No luck in Laruns but paintings now up in the reataurant at Pau airport and have a few more places lined up. Now the nights are closing down the canvasses are prepared and ready to go! Also, I searched out some old sketch books so I'm doing more drawing and going back to small, quick watercolurs.

We are organising week long art holidays from May next year and signing up some good UK tutors like we did a few years ago and I'm thinking about some long weekend get-togethers - watch this space.

Also for some inspiration there is the SAA on freeview channel which can ba a bit basic but they have some new presenters.