Auto-Entrepreneurs chat (no specific topic in this thread)

Agreed, Donna! It's nice to receive confirmation that something actually is above board. The number of scams, hoaxes etc out there has made me paranoid. And I wasn't that sensible to start with.

A happy ending! It's good that you checked, Valerie. Although this may be disappointing to the conspiracy theorists amongst us... ;-)

Received a reply from Ramgamex - this one is legit apparently but happy I checked.

Madame, Monsieur, Nous vous confirmons que ce courrier est émis par notre organisme. Cordialement, Votre Chargé Relation Client.

That's what I thought. I'm of habit loathe to give financial details to anyone. My local office is Limoges but my French is too naff to try and phone them and the reply envelope is addressed to Bordeaux. I've left a contact message on the site asking for confirmation. If they don't respond the letter goes in the wood burner.

No Val, no letter, but I've had a couple of e-mails asking the same. I phoned RAM and they confirmed they are scams. Just be very careful and just ask them. As for doing your RIB or any other banking business either check on line as Donna says or go into your local RAM office and do it there.

I think I supplied everything (including the kitchen sink) when I registered, Donna, but you know how it is - so many different organisations perhaps I'm confused. I've sent them a message asking for confirmation they're dispatching these letters.

Valerie, it's more efficient for RAM to process your refunds by doing direct deposits into your bank account. Did RAM not ask you for this RIB when you registered? (maybe not, if it was years ago). Do you have an account with RAM set up online? Look up the RAM office that deals with people in your profession to see if the address is legitimate, before you send anything.

Has anyone else received a very photocopied looking letter from RAM asking for your RIB 'rapidement' (always suspicious to me). I usually receive any refunds by cheque and there's never been a problem. There is no address or phone number on the letter which was posted in Paris and has an envelope addressed to Bordeaux.

We have a chambre d hote and may be tempted to take on the tiny

hotel in the village in partnership with a friend. She would be A and E AND I would be come and and E TOO. How could this affect the tax situation of buisness 1.....the o/h is the A nd E registered for this buisness?

wou

I am an Auto entrepreneur, but there is one thing I am confused about. I am the minor shareholder in my husband's SARL. Am I allowed to invoice his company for my admin. services under my auto entrepreneur status providing I have other customers as well?

I've done it once without any problems, but now 2 years later our accountant is telling me that I can't do that, but he never picked up on it the first time round.

Jill see http://www.french-property.com/guides/france/working-in-france/micro-entreprise-social-fiscal-tax/ for the 2013 rates for AE's, although I believe they show the rates for professions liberales attached to RSI incorrectly as 24.9%, it should be 24.3%
Good luck !

Catherine - you're welcome :-) Also my pole emploi popped me on a free 1 day course about becoming an AE which was useful. Especially regarding the other organisations one could link with and/or would offer support [financial or otherwise] to help grow a small business.

Antoinette - brilliant idea to go to the pole emploi! Doh! (hitting forehead) why did i not think of that. Thank you :) @Lindsey - thank you for the link. I've always found the problem with the C de Commerce is that if I don't think of the right questions I don't get all the right answers. There's always something I haven't thought of because I didn't know it mattered. As much info as possible is my motto :) And if it's only 21% that's brilliant too. Thanks guys :D

Is the 21% social charges only for your profession Lindsay Beckham? I was told that it was between 36% and 38%. Does anyone know where I can find any information, preferably in English? Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks x

Catherine, I teach English and I do it under 85.59 B As a Profession Liberale. http://www.insee.fr/fr/methodes/default.asp?page=nomenclatures/naf2008/n5_85.59b.htm . Social charges etc are roughly 21%. Hope this helps.

Catherine, Not 100% sure about that. All my work as an AE is with Grande Ecole/Uni/adults in companies. [I have done work with 12 - 18 age group but that was on CDDs so the question didn't arise.] Regarding baking/cooking I'm afraid I have no idea. Technically I do the same: I build my courses round areas of interest too [although not cooking/baking :-)] Logically if it is a way to help teach students language skills then you could argue that the cooking is just a tool to aid delivery of learning but.... who knows what an official would say! I went to my pole emploi who were helpful when I 1st set up as an AE and they advised on which APE to go for. You might want to try your local branch.

Thank you Antoinette. Is that restricted to adults? I sometimes get students still at school who want help with their BAC. And would that allow me to use the practice of teaching cooking/baking as part of the training? This is because I try to gear the training towards the students interest rather than limit it to formal book work.

Thanks again Tracy. To answer: Yes, we're married. We have some money on deposit in Ireland but have paid tax on that already. Income is earned here in France from teaching and Henry is listed as my Ayand Droit. I'll have to wait until Tuesday go get 2042 here from the Tresoirie (sp?) or find it online.

Sheila, the 2042 is the main income tax form that everyone fills in. usually, if you haven't completed one before you have to request one, normally from your relevant Hotel des Impots but I believe you might be able to download one as France moves into the 21st century. You fill this in with all relevant details plus your salary, any other income (generally) goes onto the 2042 C (commplementaire). This is deja vu - I have mentioned this somewhere else already this year - check out the Tax declaration thread in general info? Surely Henry has some income or perhaps one of you has a pension, you must have some income to declare or you are illegally resident in France???? If you are married - are you? - then you have to fill in the 2042 with all your income, it is not possible to declare separately.

Thanks, Tracy - think I've got the wrong end of the stick completely here. The Attestion Fiscale mentioned nothing about 2042 - it just said 2042C and the references to the "cases" to be filled in. I make my AE returns quarterly, and have no other income to declare so what part of 2042 has to be completed. Thanks as always for all your help.