Auto-Entrepreneurs chat (no specific topic in this thread)

Thanks again Sarah. Will make copies tonight and send off with RIB. Glad you replied as I thought it was logical that OH would sign his feuilles and I would sign mine. Probably going to take me an hour to go through each one and make sure they are all filled in, and have their little stickers. :-(

Sheila,
No problem with reimbursement.
Initial ones came as cheques from RAM then they asked for a RIB so now everything comes directly into our account

Thanks Sarah. Looks like a bit of a session on the copier for me later. Presume they reimbursed you ok?

Hi Sheila
In similar arrangement to you - yes, I signed the forms as the person insured (assure), took copies of each then posted to RAM

Sarah

Quick question re Feuille de Soins. I have a bundle of them to send off for reimbursement. I'm the AE with my husband as conjoint. Who signs at "signature d'assuré(e)"? DO I sign all of them or does he sign the ones for him? Thanks in advance.

Lol, I just think whatever the woman was saying on the phone he just couldn't get a straight answer. This is my 4th payment, the first 2 I paid by cheque, the 3rd came out of my bank finally getting it sorted, and now the 4th I have no idea... I just don't want to send a cheque and then they try and take it from the bank. I'll get him to call URSSAF at some point!

I agree Paul, my boyfriend when he's called a few times for me has always received different advice and been told the last person was wrong. The same thing has happened with Orange this week as well, so maybe it's not just RSI! :)

Emily, you are right. The problem is, that many of the staff that take in your returns do not understand the AE system themselves. We have been pushed from pillar to post over the years. My wife is fluent, as is our daughter (both work here). All we get when we ask about AE is the old 'shrug' and, 'Oh you are one of those'. We were told to complete the forms differently month by month & when telling 'last month your colleague said to do this' we got, "Well sorry that was wrong advice'. One time whilst we were still questioning & trying to explain that we had done our returns by internet when 'they' had claimed we had not submitted any........ reply, "Oh Mr & Mrs C you should know that the internet system for AE doesn't work". I challenged that by replying, "By tht I take it you mean you do not know how to use the system". Bad move, as she just packed her papers up and left.... it was 1205 mind, lol . Any how, after 7 years of to & fro, they finally decided to move us to 'the other' Pole Emploie in our region. We went there to find the staff really helpful, understanding and they even commented, "Oh you were there we don't treat people like they do, we are here to help"........ So far all is well and we are completing the forms in the same manner..... you gotta love em'

Thanks Emily, the issue yesterday was when I put my declaration in it didn't say they were taking my cotisations straight from my bank like they did in Oct... so I needed to know whether to send a cheque, my boyfriend couldn't get an answer from them and they told him to call URSSAF, not sure what to do now, it's just difficult to get answers when you have queries.

French boyfriend called Net Enterprises for me yesterday with a query, he didn't understand anything about the AE scheme, he looked at me and said 'it's complicated!'... what hope to the English have?!! I wish things were easier!

We have been advised it will save us to change status and work together, since we do not need business premises but work from home - there is no actual reason to stop being an AE true but there are disadvantages built in.

@Maria Skrzypiec - that is what I thought... only change after 3 years is the CFE.

Hi - I just joined this group and I read the discussion from the beginning. Lots a helpful information as I am just starting as and AE.

@Emily - I have two paypal accounts (US and FR) - all you have to have are two bank accounts and two email addresses. Hope this helps as the paypal discussion was far back in May...

Jo

Hi Cate. Again, thanks. Fortunately for moi, I registered AE status in June of this year, so have a couple of years to worry about it I think I need to register Henry somewhere but not sure? And yes, let's work on another meet-up. Have been trying to persuade my buddy Marie-Pierre (Aix-les-Bains) to come down for a weekend/week holiday. Maybe you could travel together!!!!!!

Good on you Cate. We both have about half a year left and are already getting advice on next step, which is to revert back to plan one to be a single enterprise of two consultants. RSI and so on are actually helpful with advice, so when three years are drawing to an end people start finding out what next because it is quite a different situation.

Hi Cate - thanks for highlighting that. Hope all is well with yewze!

Exactly what I was looking for - thanks Sarah!

Hi Natasha,

Here is a link to activity/NAF codes - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiVgriQdLwnccG53LU5sY2U0VERBcWllTVpmeklaTFE&hl=fr#gid=0

Does anyone have a link to the list of AE activity classifiactions? Merci!

I have just posted this link on Finn’s discussion, actions that the FEDAE suggested and that we all can support in some shape or form in order to voice our views and to spread the word

http://www.federation-auto-entrepreneur.fr/auto-entrepreneur/actualite/2012/10/01/actualite-autoentrepreneur-10-minutes-10-actions-pour-le-regime.html