Auto-Entrepreneurs chat (no specific topic in this thread)

I also received ACCRE as I had been registered with the Pôle Emploi for some time even though I was working part time.

Call them, works for us.

Quick question from 'Miss Idiot, Dept 87'. I declared my first ever declaration trimestrielle online (albeit early as paranoid I'd miss the due date) but have received another demand from RSI. Do I ignore it, assuming it's automatically issued, or send it back to them with a copy of the online declaration acknowledgement?

Yes I was entitled to get ACCRE. Now in my third year and the cotisations have just gone up to 16% for me.

I also received this based on the fact that I was receiving ACTIPAJE (for mums of children under 3yrs old). It's fantastic.

Thanks Jenn! Excellent info

I forgot to mention that I benefited from this with my auto entreprise and have gotten this for most of my clients who have started ones as well, its worth a shot applying even if you're slightly past the 45 day mark, you never know and it sometimes works.

It's called the ACCRE. It's for everyone who is applying via the pole emploi. It must be applied for within 45 days of starting your auto entreprise. Other people can benefit from the scheme as well such as young people and those recieving the RSA.

For service based auto entreprises it's 5,4 percent the first year, 10,7 percent the second year, 16 percent the third year. For selling of goods it differs, 3 percent first year, 6 percent second year, 9 percent third year.

If you want to apply for it, it's easy, one form called the Cerfa 13584 02 or is available on the service publique website: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/pme/R17122.xhtml.

Good luck,

Jenn from Mon Ami Andy

I will investigate from that angle, thanks Maria.

I was told recently that new Auto-entrepreneurs only pay 5% tax for the first year and then only 10% for the second! I have never heard this myself and would be very surprised if it was the case. Anyone?

Brilliant! Thank you, both. Things are getting much clearer in my head and the long-over-due invoicing (that's another story) is getting closer.

Diana, your accountant is bullsh.....g! I suspect he or she would like their work kept easy and no more than that. If in doubt, do as we do with € equivalent in brackets. We only do it as a guide for ourselves to see how it compares when paid in.

Checked with a friend. OK, logical. Inside the Eurozone you must invoice in € but all other business which is outside the Eurozone you can use whatever you want. They are simply trying to avoid, she says, opportunistic ways of pulling the wool over bureaucratic eyes. She works for the Tresorerie Publique that we use and is a parent of a child in the same class as one of ours, so sympathetic and also a trained accountant with qualifications in the legal bits. We always ask her, and she has the clever websites immediately on hand.

Thank you Ricky. It didn't make much sense to me - but it was my accountant who told me - very firmly!

I don't think this is correct Diana. I asked my accountant about how to treat receipts for affiliate advertising which is sometimes in US$ sometimes in GBP and sometimes in Euros and he referred me to the Banque de France rates - nothing at all about any rule on any particular currency. Thinking about it this makes sense as it is really no business of the Tresor Public what is invoiced for any particular job only that they get their share of the spoils at the end of the day. I do other UK based work (outwith the AE scheme) and the accountant, as I understand matters, applied the appropriate conversion rate and lets me know the damage - again never any question of what currency to invoice in.

We mainly have to invoice in $ but we simply put the € rate of the day in brackets on the invoices. Expecting people who have only ever paid in $ to use € would be impossible for us anyway because they would tell us where to go. It goes into the bank and appears as € anyway, so I hardly see it matters.

I have also recently become an AE but have not yet done any invoicing. Most of my sales will be to the UK or other parts of the world but I have been told that I must invoice in Euros. Is this correct or can I invoice in other currencies?

can't remember RIcky, some documents need to be kept for up to 30 years, I posted a link ages ago with all the various periods on it, just google to see ;-)

I've had no checks so far but will be preserving all bank statements, invoices etc for the requisite French period which I think is significantly longer than the UK's 6 years - possibly 10 in France but not certain.

echo waht's been said by Brian and Ricky, I've never been checked since 2009 - it's all done on trust but you sign to say it's correct so if it isn't...!

auto entrepreneur's association are trying to influence the government's make-over of the scheme hoping to keep it up and running but reduce the gap between all the different self employed schemes/status - watch this space!