Auto-Entrepreneurs

Yes, that is what the URSSAF adviser (whose advice was zilch and less anyway) was kind of hinting at. Separate bank accounts and CFE et Robert est votre oncle!

Speaking of AE & Micro Entrepreneur etc Can anyone tell me if I need to registered as such as a minimum requirement of running a B & B or GƮte business ? Or isn't any business type registration required ? Thanks.

I was told by the Granville cci in March (at the reunion d'infomation) that the new name is micro entrepeneur but the actual system hasn't changed just the name

geoff only if they registered before last summer - for those registered after june 2014 (if I remember the dates correctly) you have until the end of this year to do the course (those registering now have to do the course immediately)

Am I correct in thinking that persones already set up and trading as artisans under the AE system are exempt from having to take these courses?

And would you expect all courses in the UK to be conducted in French? Just sayin!

I would advise you not to use advisors BM. They can be bad for your wealth..

According to the FEDAE bulletin a couple of editions back, the micro-entrepreneur status seems to have been shelved (at least temporarily) so nobody knows what is going on at all. We have already had to pay CFE, so that has started. As for the courses, we are both prof liberale with the highest possible professional qualifications, the 'courses' are offered but on a voluntary basis for non-artisans. We discussed them with the appropriate people who told us it would help with the business side of things, to which we pointed out that (at that point in time) we had been doing it for over four years and saw no point since neither of us respectively has any problems. The so-called adviser then advised us not to bother.

I have helped loads of Brits setting up in business as a translator on these courses. If I remember correctly there used to be a paragraph about non-french speakers using translators.

The four-day course isn't 'new', it's been going on for decades and has always been a requirement for artisans etc starting a business, didn't realise it extended to AEs though.

I sent all my papers off 2 chamber de metier they sent back saying that to get registered i would have 2 take the course. Catch 22. As for the language just saying that because i said for the course it would have been some way forward if i could have understood what was going on.

France don't do bi-lingual, never have done and not likely to. Their idea is you live here, you understand our language, full stop. If the UK took the same attitude there wouldn't be all the fuss about immigration. I lived in France for 14 yrs but was completely fluent before we moved there as I knew the score and that we would be working asap. We only moved back to Ireland because of the increasing taxes and cotisations were taking a huge amount of our income every year, i.e. The state had more than we did and apart from the excellent health care, had nothing in return. The idea of these courses is 1 to give someone a job and 2 to take money from you. Not to give you any help in any way.

Unfortunately there are plenty of new rules, none of them to our advantage, of course, and one of them is this ridiculous 4 day course, we will also be paying more CFE starting from this year http://www.economie.gouv.fr/cedef/auto-entrepreneur. In addition, they are doing away with AE status and we will all be micro-entrepreneurs by 2016, of course, for the time being nobody knows exactly what that entailsā€¦.

only ARTISANS have to do this formation not commercants or prof. liberales. the course costs 150ā‚¬ in Manche and to register you either have to do it online (FREE) or if you have face to face help from the cci to register a small fee is charged (60ā‚¬ in Manche). It is for all artisans registered as AEs from (if I remember rightly) June 2014

IF you wanted more info about how to set up you should have attended a reunion d'infomation (FREE) put on by the cci before the course

I'm afraid that you have just misunderstand what you needed to do and in what order

(This info is what I was told at the reunion d'infomation given at the cci at Granville, Manche at the beginning of March)

As for being bilingual, why? we are in France and if we want to trade here shouldn't we be able to communicate, I wouldn't expect any country to have business courses in multiple languages

"the existing by the end of this year " You could have fooled me. No-one's asked me to do a course.

Hi Peter, Iā€™m in the process of registering as a microent to cover the running of a chambre dā€™hote - is this something youā€™ve done? Iā€™m looking or some advice :slight_smile:

Hi, YES you will need to register as a micro-entrepreneur not sure which
department you are looking at settling but should be able to search for the
appropriate office to register. There are plenty of forums on Facebook that
help with this subject.
All the best
Micha Beckett

1 Like

Hi Mark, not sure what the current regs are but I run a gite/B&B and am registered as an M E . My income from it is quite small and all I did was to register at the Mairie to inform them of what I was up to. Check the latest rules & regs at the Mairie or Chamber of Commerce maybe ?

1 Like