AutoEntrepreneur Social Charges and Impots

Exactly. My previous post said 'when' there is turnover and this is why the scheme is ideal for anyone who is starting out.

don't get confused between taxe/impôts and charges sociales ;-)

But Sarah,

Social charges are also only paid on a earn something - pay something basis too, not just tax. If you earn nothing in a month or quarter, you pay nothing.

I thought EVERY AE had to pay taxes?

Yes and (thankfully) only taxed on ( and when there is ) turnover.

Social charges and training charges are paid across the year. Only the income tax comes with the option of 'pay now' or later.

I agree that Start Business in France is an excellent resource for anyone considering their own business in France.

I opted for annually too and have had rebates albeit I paid damned all to begin with. Also, because I am over retirement age but also have two young children I think I am 'let off' so much tax that it probably costs them more to collect it than I pay.

As I understood it: when I registered for AE there was an option to pay your tax monthly or annually. I opted for annually, because from what I understand, once taxes are paid you cannot get a reimbursement if your taxes are calculated as lower. In my case, this should apply as I am a single parent with 2 dependents and that should reduce my taxes apparently thereby I pay my 1.something percent at the end of the tax year and only pay my social charges quarterly which do not change.

I thought EVERY AE had to pay taxes? It also stated on my online earnings form that 'I do not pay taxes' but that is because I opted for annually.

If you guys can afford €79 investment I would recommend joining www.startbusinessinfrance.com. Valerie is apparently a tax/business advisor for the French but as she knows the system she offers help for expats setting up. Most of the questions I want answering are on her forums but locked until you pay. I think she used to be a memer of this site too.

That is from August this year, the date is on the edge and also in the AE_0814 bit of the link, so not out of date. I am under professionnels libéral and pay 25.5% to URSSAF. Because my income goes up and down from one year to another that is the only constant, the taxes (plural) do not add on neatly because les Impôts are not connected to the social security and health departments.

Gary, your link has the current figures.

For A/Es - Prof Lib - it is either 23.3% charges if income tax is paid later on or 25.5% charges which includes the income tax, as you go. An additional 0.2% charge is made towards professional training, not something I seem able to benefit from!

Robert, the AE régime is a doddle (and often much cheaper) compared to the mainstream, I now have tva at 0, 5,5 and 20% to cope with too :-O

I was for four years and paid around 24% at the time, I've been back in the mainstream régime for the last couple of years and pay far more: 46% charges sociales + impôts :-O

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box by any means but I am completely confused by this thread. I had assumed that the charges allocated with the auto entrepreneur scheme, depending on which category you come under was it.....

It would appear not.....I give up!!! I simply do not have the mental energy to come to terms with the french system at all. It has helped me come to the conclusion that I will go back to the UK.....the sooner the better. I admire all those of you who have sussed this very very complicated system out.

OK, if you are auto entrepreneur what percentages of social charges and impots do you pay?

More than confused now as I am paying 23.5% in total.

However, 21,3 % + 0.2% = 21.5% professionnels libéral (CIPAV).

If I were paying tax, it would be 23.7% in total according to your link.

However, according to the auto entrepreneur website, it is 25.5% in total.

http://www.lautoentrepreneur.fr/images/2644-PointSur-AE_0814.pdf

So I'm guessing your link is a little out of date?

Not necessarily, I too was an English Teacher and translator but with the RSI yet all cotisations were handled by the urssaf. I was RSI only because CIPAV refused to take prof lib in the early days of the AE régime!

True, but is one of several which makes a single calculation a mystery to all but the people who have already paid and can add them up and work out what the whole percentage is backwards. That tends to be the only rough guide overall unless income really fluctuates.

I'm an English teacher (profession liberales) so that might be reason why.

Perhaps the French have essentially the same but competing organisations in the hope of keeping the unemployment rate down while not performing a better service at the same time. Would explain some things...;)

Yes, which is why it is in a physical in-tray buried and was almost forgotten until I read the question...

When I pay my quarterly charges there is a message on the website saying I do not pay impôts so I'm assuming I just pay charges sociales.

I declared my income (which wasn't much as I only started in Sept 2013) and had no tax to pay but now am earning significantly more and I just want a way of calculating how much tax I will pay on 2014 earnings.

In 2012, it was 2.2% for my status as profession liberales (and I think I'm CIPAV rather than RSI)

Actual tax is not very much at all. 1-2%.

http://www.planete-auto-entrepreneur.com/autoentrepreneur/155-calcu...

Thanks Brian, by the way, do you mind me asking: did you get your CFE bill through the post please?