Bookworms

Welcome to Bookworms Joephine! What do you like to read?

I loved the Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic series, I’'ve just started the Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan and I was given quite a collection of books by friends in England varying from Marian Keyes, Wendy Holden, Freya North, Peny Vincenzi, Stig Larson, L.J Smiths Vampire Diaries and Dan Browns The Lost Symbol, So all I have to do now is find the time to read them!

Hi Wendy, I quite like forensic books so read a lot of Patricia Cornwall, Kathy Reichs. Mystery like Tami Hoag, Robert Ludlum, PJ Tracy, Dan Brown, Kellerman …

My funny romantic Sophie Kinsella I adore. Quite like the no1 ladies detective agency set in Botswana too.

I’m also a twiglet, so Stephanie Meyer and a few other vamp books. :slight_smile:

I’ve also been known to hijack my sons Skullduggery Series by Derek Landy - absolute hoot :slight_smile:

Hi Lawry, welcome to Bookworms. What sort of thing do you like to read?

Hi Zena,
I’ve read all the Rick Riordan books too and really enjoyed them.

At the mo I am reading Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol. At about 3/4 through although as fast paced as his other books, it takes place over the space of 12 hours, you can see DaVinci Code and Angel’s and Demon’s in this one. Lots of similar elements. I am waiting for my Dad to come over and read it, as he is a Mason, to see how much truth is in the pages!!

I tend to like girly books or teenage fantasty books, Ive been reading the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riodan and have just finished the last one, The Lost Hero, it was a really easy fantastical read, a good mix of modern day and greek mythology. Highly recommend to anyone with a teenager who reads or like me never really grew up : )

Hi Zena! Welcome to Bookworms. What do you like to read?

Greetings to our two newest members Jennifer and JA, (Juliette?). Keep the ideas and suggestions coming folks!

I have started to read Beware of Pity by Stefan Zweig, having just finished reading The Room by Emma Donoghue. I could not put this book down, the first half is totally claustrophobic, you are locked in this 12 foot square room with the main characters and you are horrified as the events of their lives enfold. A brilliant book.

That’s good to know James, thanks!

For those of you who love to read novels, ABEBooks is having a sale of 50% off. http://www.abebooks.com/books/book-sale-used-new-bestseller-textbooks/bookstore-sale.shtml?cm_mmc=nl--nl--110314-s02-saleportB-_-cta02

A video link to my new book

Brilliant animation video Wendy, thanks.

I’m reading “Cobra II” a history of the Iraq War which is one of the best histories of a war that has ever been written. I only have 50 pages to go to finish it but like all really great books I read, I will feel sad when I’ve finished it as if I’m leaving an old friend. However, some years later I’ll reread this one. It was so dense with facts and events that I know I will notice things that didn’t register on the first pass. It is said that no battle plan survives long than the start of battle and in the Iraq war, this war proven a thousand times over. I recommend this book to everyone interested in current history. I must admit, the British contribution was almost ignored in this reporting.

I’d like to say a big Bookworms hello to all our new members, there’s 104 of us now! So welcome Fran, Cate, Susan, Steve, Charlotte and Tim what are you all reading at the moment?

I’m giving away Historical Fiction by French author Jean Teulé. If you’re interested, check out giveaway here: http://sarainlepetitvillage.blogspot.com/2011/02/naughty-bawdy-giveaway.html

I also love some novelists that use historical events as their background like Jeff Shaara who has written stories about the American Revolution, The War with Mexico, The American Civil War, WWI, WWII in Europe and is now working on a triology of WWII in the Pacific. He writes so well, I can’t put his books down until I’m going blind.

Welcome to our newest members, James, Michael and Angela, we look forward to hearing from you all!

There’s a copy of My Life in France up for grabs in The Bookworms Book Chain, see discussion…