Bookworms

Hi Wendy. Just finished ‘How to be a Woman’ by Caitlin Moran. Brilliant. Now started ‘What I did’ by Christopher Wakling, which is just released and is the story of what happens after a father smacks his son and a passer-by intervenes…

Sorry for my absence lately and a huge hello to all our new members! I’ve been busy busy busy. So what’s everybody reading at the moment?

Just a quickie Win $1000 worth of kids’ picture books, find out how by clicking here

Hi Due to the gorgous weather a week away over easter I managed to read three books, Cocktails for three by madeline wickham (sophie kinsella) a likable quick easy read,it was easy to put down but good little beach book. The undomestic Goddess, Sophie Kinsella, This was real laugh out loud material, I couldnt put this down, highly recommend this! and Weekend In Paris, Robyn Sisman, very much in the same genre as the last two books but a nice read.

Welcome to Carolyn Giang, our newest member. What are you reading at the moment?

Welcome to all our new memebers…I’m sure I’ve missed welcoming some of you personally. Been rather busy and have rather taken my eye off this particular ball recently.

Thanks Julie and welcome to Bookworms, it’s always good to know that a site does what it says it will, 8 days is good for delivery to France.

A reminder about the doglinks book sale. Now over 2000 books (mainly english language novels) and more than half of them priced at 50cents each. Sale starts tomorrow.

To Cate, I think “the Pilgrim” is a novel written Timothy Findley, published by Harper-Collins.

It’s easy, in the little menu on the right, “Quick add” select Event then just fill in the form and submit…simples!

The sale is in a barn next to my brocante:

Lassalle, Avenue des Pyrenees, Aignan 32290

It’s on the dog group but I don’t know how to make an event of it.

Excellent Steve…where are you? have you thought of posting this as an event too here on SFN…not to mention in the doggy group!?

Huge book sale next weekend. Over 1000 second-hand books priced mainly at one euro each. All proceeds to go to doglinks - a small, voluntary dog rescue organisation.
Sat 9th and Sun 1Oth April, 10.30 - 6.00 each day.

Currently reading ‘pillars of the earth’ by Ken Follet, the story of a travelling family of craftsmen, designing and building an amazing cathedral. Need to get some early nights in, as can’t put it down for long. My sister sent me the boxed DVD set, but was very dissapointed in comparison with the book. So much of the history of the story and the reasons for the actions and inter-reactions of the characters was omitted. Have yet to sit through the final DVD but, there again, I don’t think I’ll bother !!

ABEBooks sent me another notice for free international shipping in case anyone is ordering books from the UK or US.
http://www.abebooks.com/books/free-shipping/?cm_mmc=nl--fs--110320-f01-wwfrshipA-_-01cta&cn=wws

Greetings to our newest members Petra and Nikki, what are you reading at the moment?

Hi Victoria, nice to see you here. Do you actually get time to read? Don’t forget to tell us all about you book related activites at BEE and I believe you have some free books to give away…

Hi Wendy, I’m currently reading the new “author’s preferred text” version of Neil Gaiman’s “American Gods”, which I first read when it came out 10 years ago. It’s too long ago for comparisons, for me it was like reading a completely new book & I’m loving it-400+ pages in two days & I’ll probably finish it tonight.
I’ve just read three trilogies by Robin Hobb, addictive stuff, and Stig Larson’s trilogy (I love trilogies). Carlos Luis Zafron, "“Shadow of the Wind” & “The Angel’s Game”, both recently reread & thoroughly enjoyed.