Brexit - really?

No mobile homes for me, thanks

I buy blocks of flats

Apparently you aren't living in the real world

Perhaps Vero is just an optimist and / or someone who believes in seeing the best in people. I felt the same.

I still live in the UK and am an unhappy Remain voter. This referendum has divided us.

I am in my late forties, and after working and child raising am ready for a change of pace. Me and my husband were planning to buy a house in France within the next couple of years to live in part time - maybe full time at some point. It isn't going to happen now - until we can see how this thing will pan out.

So that's just one of my (own, selfish) reasons for wanting to Remain - but not the only one.

Am still in denial about it - I knew it would be a close call, but not in this direction.

Dark days for many.

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/howthebritishmedia.htm

And your point (presumably?) is that historically the stupid have been manipulated by the media? Hence today's result?

Well said Diana....I have found myself in much the same position.......

We should remember that for most people this hasn't been any easy vote ...and as everyone knows there would have been risks staying in.....I think that attempts to claim that 'Britain could be at the heart of Europe...' and that we would be listened to if we tried to reform it, (especially after the Paxman programme, Toby Jones exposure, etc). did not convince the masses...

I think the English and Welsh feel 'loosely European', and don't really want to be 'at the heart of Europe'.....They still feel them selves to be an island nation that wants friendship & co-operation, but doesn't want to be ruled by politicians from abroad as part of a failed project, that unless it now makes significant changes, has a good chance of unravelling in the future.

I think that actually people are cleverer than that......

No! 50% of the population are below average intelligence and always will be. Among the others, it seems that quite a few are misguided or just plain malicious. That's why government by referendum is such a dangerous idea.

True, it was a triumph by the manipulative using the stupid and naive. Sadly the stupid and naive wil pay the price.

They are obviously not.

LIstening to Leave voters on radio and TV I don't think this has been dificult decision at all for them. They'd spend more time deciding between two Bigmacs or a side order of Chicken Nuggets. That's the calibre of person that has decided the UK's future and they should have been better informed. That they are so ill informed is the fault of Cameron, Corbyne and the arrogant EU suits. The McDo brigade are lurking in many EU countries now, if the EU doesn't pull it's socks up and PDQ then more sh*ts on the way IMO.

Anne, don't let a stupid decision by insular losers impact your dreams. People moved to France from the UK before the EU and they will continue to move and have wonderful lIves here. Everybody I spoke to today is just amused by British stupidity, in a detached way. They don't care :-)

Slums you mean, full of (soone to be removed) immigrants. Good luck with that project.

When you made all those decisions they were based on the best information you had at the time. This decision was made contrary to the best information available.

I agree that the worst knocks come out of the blue but that's no reason to put oneself in harms way. I think an old management joke is appropriate, "we were standing on the edge of precipice but thanks to to Boris we have taken a giant leap forward"

Double "like". The thick have won the day.

Thank goodness for that.

.....50%......?.. dodgy territory, I think....

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/05/05/only-2-say-they-are-below-average-intelligence/

surely thats 49.9r %