Brexit - really?

Oh, yes. We can't have the people governing in a democracy, now can we?

Ever considered investing in a dictionary?

And you're nicely insulated from their stupidity in France John? How courageous (me too BTW).

Not everybody is equipped with the social responsibility necessary to make informed decisions - a quick look at UK TV schedules tells us that (the popularity of Big Brother, Love Island, Gogglebox etc). Part of me thinks that the UK has got what it deserved & fortunately I was not on that ship when it sailed!

Oh dear,

..Well I must confess to being a fan of Gogglebox.....love the gentle humorous commentary and love the people.....shows that wherever we originated and how diverse our backgrounds, we share a common humanity....

I've been around long enough and have had enough life experience to know that sometimes a gut reaction and one's instinct is a better guide to follow than a barrage of wise words and so called facts, presented by so called 'experts' or people who fancy themselves as more intelligent....

What has happened has presented us with a challenge....let's rise to it, be positive and maybe we can create something far better than what we have abandoned (quite alot of the fault for this I believe lies with the likes of Claude Yunker and some of his arrogant cronies)....

Article 50 hasn't been invoked yet! and considering the lies and backbiting that went on will actually be?? Just a thought.

I find it interesting that there are now many more contributors to this debate after the event than there were before it.

Surely the best thing to be done now, regardless of which side of the issue we come from, is to come together to make plain to French people that we British wish to remain friendly with them, are happy to continue to do business with them, and will continue to contribute to the defence of Europe. The decision of the British people is not anti-French, but just one of from where we wish to be governed.

John, I think that the leavers have forgotten that the cost of filling their car will go up because oil is traded in dollars.

Or, more likely, it never occurred to them.

The 'great' in Great Britain is a reference to the size of one island compared to the size of Brittany in France. The great stops there.

:-)

John, democracy is not an ideal form of government, it is just the best we have.

Normally those not interested in the political process do not bother to vote. This time, however, they have swallowed the lies and promises which sound appealing until you do some research or are aware of other arguments.

Good luck with that Robert ;-)

petition.parliament.uk

BREXIT seems to have died, then.??..you've all signed the petition already, I suppose? Or you are still grappling with the petition site, because it's crashing under the weight of millions of would be signers?

I can get to enjoy politics, when it's as nutty and half baked as the brexit show.

Kind of ..Jeremy Kyle meets Thought For The Day...with David Icke (and his lizards), as front man... woooooooooooooh!!!!

The Bregretters are the new brexiteers...

Bonnie: "Look Clyde, Little Britain plopped back into the Atlantic, shall we let it sail away?

Clyde: " Yes Bonnie, since Enron was crafted in London, the US will take it as its 51st state."

Says it all really...

At least the reactions in France are mainly positive and conciliatory, - compared with the these communist-style expressions of Schmidt and Junkers.

I hope that those who searched their heaven in a national sky will not have a rude awakening.

Most of all being a German living a lot in France: I am totally shocked that England has left me allone with this EU beaucrats. The EU in fact is the same as when my parents were warning me about Moscow's "elites" 40 years ago. Now the most effective force to counterbalance this administration.

They'll live to Bregret it all right. I feel sorry for the young folk 60% of which, according the poll I saw in the Economist, were in favour of Remain. They're now gong to be stuck in the UK with the 60% of over sixties (same source) that wanted to leave.

The thing is not legal yet ....

Millions of people are signing the petition for another vote...

Nothing is fixed!!!!...

Good.