Carte Vitale email scam 2020

Service-Public.fr warns of new ‘phishing’ attempt

A GROWING number of fraudulent emails are doing the rounds claiming to be from public administration officials.

The latest batch of ‘phishing’ attempts involves an email relating to the Carte Vitale, used to obtain healthcare refunds in France, officials said.

The email, which has the Service-Public.fr header, invites recipients to download a form to obtain the new V3 carte-vitale within 24 hours.

Service-Public.fr says this is a ‘phishing’ email, and urges anyone who receives one not to click on any links it contains. It also says anyone who receives the email should delete it immediately without opening it.

Phishing emails that appear to come from government services can be reported using this online tool - www.internet-signalement.gouv.fr

2 Likes

It’s an old phishing scam from 2017 but I have just received one from supposedly Service-Public.fr so this one is doing the rounds again - be aware and don’t click on the link!
There is no CV version 3…
Hover over the link and it tells you http://batuye.info/ and the sender is “contact info@myatsystem.com”.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warning - I check our post box daily hoping to find my shiny new CV - but still many months on and no sight of it.

I have had letters about it, sent off additional ID just waiting to be asked to provide photo but it has been 2 months since last communication so I would have been tempted to click on link in email without this warning.

1 Like