Dates for quarterly a-e tax payments

Hi everyone

I have hit a major problem. I have just paid:declared my final quarter on line as usual and decided to print out the quarters for the year for paper records for impôt later this year - only to find that the first three quarters of 2011 are not listed. I am sure that the deductions came out of the bank but online banks records only go back a couple of months. I have tried to declare retrospectively but there is no facility for this. What can I do? Who can I ring? and no doubt there will be a 45 euro fine per quarter. We are only talking about 2000 euros or so for the three quarters in total. Any advice gratefully received.

Annie

Thanks Finn. I'm Google-translating it right now.

Many thanks Finn,

I'll continue issuing my invoices via email and not worry about receipts - I have no cash clients as mine tend to be in the UK, Spain and Dubai so everything is done online.

I very much appreciate your help. Oh, the fun a novice has transferring a business to operate under a new regime...

Hi Finn,

I hope you don't mind if I ask two more of my idiotic questions. When I invoice clients, I print out the invoices as a matter of course - only a few ever ask for a receipt (presumably they have it on their bank record that they paid).

Q1: Is receipt issue compulsory as well (I could save a tree if not)

Q2: Because I'm particularly dense, you referred to " taxable net result using the allowances 71%, 50%, and 34% respectively" - what do these percentages relate to? I too would do an excel or other attachment to send with my returns once I'm registered so the calculations are clear. My turnover would be minimal, 400 euros a month if I'm lucky, so a straightforward calculation with no expenses, overheads etc.

Hope you don't mind me asking. I'd just much prefer to try and get it right from the outset.

Thanks

Valerie

thanks andrew and finn!

seems to me all i need to do is prove, on paper, what we earned, from whom, how it was paid and when, and therefore what tax i owe... then i need to add it up correctly... and the computer is better than me at the maths... now if i just had my form i'd be grand

xteresa

Too French - many thanks Finn, I just got fed up of trying to do everything differently and now it all seems so "normal" Plus OH got fed up with me ranting on about how things could be so much easier that I had to change for her sake!

Worth knowing for the backup - yes a fire would be a disaster, I used to email things to myself to keep a record but storage would be better.

Oh and I pay my speeding fines online but haven't got round to doing my urssaf stuf online yet!

Yes Finn, I simply use Excel, no need to buy anything fancy, a table in Word (or the free Openoffice suite - I use both) would be just as good ;-)

I keep it up to date on two computers just in case one develops a memory problem

I haven't received mine yet either but not in the slightest bit worried... I usually get two at once from my old and new urssaf !

I stick to the paper ones too for the same reasons - France simply cannot function without its paperasse !

thanks maria - we registered in june (!) and made the first declaration at the beginning of november, as per the instructions on the demand... i just thought we should have had the return form by now... but seems like it's not just us!

thanks all for your replies - i am keeping proper paper accounts - but i like to keep it all on a spreadsheet too - call me old fashioned!

thanks Maria for the dates - it was the quarterly periods & declaration dates i was after - merci b

I thought it was the end of Jan - but we've not had a 'return' yet?

I will register with net enterprises (eventually) but thought i might give the paper trail a go for a few months.

x teresa

Vanessa, I've heard the same thing and have been advised to do the returns in paper. I've received only one return so far(which was my first one), expecting the one for the last quarter anytime now (I assume!).

My Accounts advisor (French) reckons that it is better to submit the paper returns as they often lose the online returns and payments and then charge fees for non-payment! I still haven't received my return for my Oct-Dec 2011 sales. He told me that it is "normale" and to just wait.

We changed from paper to online last year, but despite that...

That's spot on Maria, but my lighter take on it was that if one is waiting to hear from them, for instance receive a paper demand, then it might be so close to the end of January in this instance that panic might set in. We do online, but get our individual paper 'demand' each quarter. Two years in and despite taking a spreadsheet print out as said above, which was not examined in the end, so far nobody has bothered. I am sure that should Finn pop in here he will tell you how 'unimportant' they are BUT keep them anyway since one day somebody might well ask to look. As you say, go for net-enterprises.fr which makes life easier but expect paper to still arrive with the post.

Hi Teresa, if you have an account with www.net-entreprises.fr there is a list telling you when they are due and for what period. However, not all accounts have this facility, mine does and my husband's doesn't.

I take it you mean RSI payments not taxes?

Open your window and wait until you hear a cuckoo. It will probably arrive very shortly thereafter. As for a spread sheet, we simply keep little old paper accounts books just in case we are inspected because when we went to URSSAF with a spreadsheet the person we saw was not comfortable with one of those. But then, we are very close to where Cro-Magnon hominid was discovered and believe that cave painted accounts are still preferable in this area.