Describe Brexit in one word

Read the bus carefully…It does not say anywhere on he bus lets pay 350 mil to the NHS. The message states we send 350 m to the EU Lets fund our NHS instead

With what Lee, £3.50p.

The implication was to divert £350 million a week, from paying the EU, to the NHS (extra money). That’s what the the average lay person who voted britexit expect.

They also expect a massive drop in immigration has heavily suggested by the Britexiters. I believe that’s another ‘white lie’ as with the £350 million (unless you read the small print) to the NHS.

Cheers

Martin

1 Like

Its a matter of interpretation, the message does not state the 350m ’will’ go to the NHS, instead it ‘suggests’ UK gov could use the money for NHS instead of sending it to EU.bus

It would have been far more honest if the bus had pointed out that the NHS already receives that much per day. One large sum out of context is confusing. Most voters wouldn’t have had a clue about how much the NHS receives per day or what percentage of GNP that represents. Of course, to be fairer still they should have displayed the income generated by that investment in the EU. A cheap trick that worked; voters were convinced that Britain was paying out a fortune for no return. Smoke and mirrors or lies? At the end of the day it adds up to the same thing, a con.

2 Likes

From my understanding the EU does not fund the daily running of the NHS, it does however fund NHS research, innovation and academia.

It was a message to the gullible…it worked.

4 Likes

I did not say that it did.

Hmm…

Be civil, no need for that

It was the single most defining image of the campaign and it was a lie.
Depending on your “interpretation” of course.

3 Likes

Do the maths. The annual cost of the NHS divided by 365 should do. As paid by the British Exchequer, no mention of the EU.

This topic is going round and around… and, long ago, has ceased to be One Word… so we are closing it…

If anyone can think of a more suitable title underwhich to continue a well-reasoned and polite discussion… feel free to do so…

byee

1 Like