1 Like

Severalā€¦

1 Like

Does he deserve a break?![poll public=true]

• No
  • Yes
  • Youā€™ve got to be joking!
    [/poll]

There should have been a ā€˜maybeā€™ categoryā€¦ ?

There is a possibility that if he is elected as president that he may not be a disasterā€¦The civil servants and the Repulican advisors would be running around like headless chickens, trying to explain why he couldnā€™t just ā€˜nukeā€™ Asad (although I for one wouldnā€™t block a remote controlled explosion or SAS type intervention, where he is concerned)ā€¦so that would dampen down some of his activity - although the advisors etc would probably be in the queue to leave to find work of a less ā€˜stressfulā€™ nature.
Donā€™t forget he likes to be popular with all those disaffected Americans who ditched the politicians to vote for him so he is likely to try to do things that would please them and keep them on board, like raising the Tax thresholds, making it easier for businesses to hire by lowering business rates or having a couple of years moratorium on them for business starting upā€¦Despite his bankruptcies, he his still very much in business and he knows how to make moneyā€¦
Can one say the same about Hillary ?

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Trump-Organization/reviews

You can build your own poll @Hilary_Jane_Dunk using the gear icon :slight_smile: Have fun!

He should stick to doing what he does best, making money, filing under chapter 11 and being a twat. No need to go global by adding being POTUS to the mix.

1 Like

Veronique,
Now donā€™t be so hard-heartedā€¦he just wants to make America great againā€¦and for those of you, dear readers, didnā€™t quite understand it,like me - and had to look it upā€¦

https://www.quora.com/Where-does-the-acronym-POTUS-come-from-and-why-do-people-use-it

Now youā€™ve got to be taking the piss?!

2 Likes

Take a look at these linksā€¦One doesnā€™t have to view them all the way through to get the main message and the general flavourā€¦

and someone who is sure he will winā€¦

and someone who used to be a friend of Hillaryā€¦

You ARE joking, HJD, arenā€™t you?

1 Like

Initially, i thought I wasā€¦
but oddly, I am now talking (in my head, of course I havenā€™t yet reached the point of wandering about muttering to myself, although I am sure that day will come, if I live long enough !), myself out of Hilary and more towards the trump campā€¦
I wonder how many of you watched "Question Timeā€™ on the Beeb last nightā€¦Conrad Black (infamous newspaper magnate & short-term ex-conā€¦ā€œitā€™s a stitch-upā€, but came across as likeable) V or avec les autresā€¦Ken Clarke of the ā€œHush Puppiesā€ā€¦ a rather large young lady from UKIP, Stavros ā€¦?

Here we areā€¦*David Dimbleby presents topical debate from Hartlepool. On the Panel are Conservative Ken Clarke, Labourā€™s Angela Rayner, UKIPā€™s Lisa Duffy, Yanis Varoufakis and Conrad Black

Well worth watchingā€¦an intertwined mixture of US & European politicsā€¦
Conrad, pro Trumpā€¦says both he and Hillary are ā€œnice peopleā€ā€¦but itā€™s Trump he would backā€¦Ken Clarke (glad heā€™s retiring soon) still a remainer, annoyed the audienceā€¦Yanis V. an attractive man and obviously bright.but surprisingly, considering heā€™s Greek, is another remainerā€¦(reveals he thinks that too) as he admitted that he doesnā€™t rate the intellectual capabilities of the current government team to be able to sort things out well. ā€¦
One or two audience members with dual nationality had something positive to say about Trump, hinting that what we know about her is just the ā€˜tip of the iceburgā€™ and itā€™s far more sinisterā€¦

Watched Graham Norton with Tom Cruiseā€¦publicising the next Jack Reacher filmā€¦
.Brave (doing all his own stunts), still looking as you as ever (helps to be that rich, of course) was charming. affable, has a sense of humour and is ā€˜down with us ordinariesā€™ā€¦.Maybe America has missed a trick hereā€¦? Has anyone offered him the job ? Wouldnā€™t he be a popular choice ?..
(him or Travolta for that matter)ā€¦and heā€™s a man of the Churchā€¦

When I see the passion with which some people enthuse about Brexit and Trump Iā€™m so glad that I am me and have a different outlook on life.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen much ā€˜passionā€™ for either of themā€¦It seems to be a vote for the lesser of 2 evils to my mind.
What a sad state of affairs ā€¦there are also I believe other candidates who donā€™t have a hope of winning, so I wonder whether there could be a large ā€˜protestā€™ vote ?

Just noticed your new look Veroniqueā€¦dramatically differentā€¦!