English speaking Doctor - suggestions please

Thank Mark, you have educated me, I’ve been lucky and avoided flu for the 15 years that I have been here, however, it is good to be wiser. :slight_smile:

We have my 94 yr old mum in law living with us for over three years now, we know the ropes to get marvellous social care and register etc. Unfortunately, we are near the other exideuil, but would advise contacting the local Mairie for the best advice on the doctor. (Our doctor is English speaking which we did not need but my mum in law does.) Most local doctors are happy to attend the house for routine appointments and always have the telephone number handy for SAMU (emergency medics -15).
Mairie de Hautefort
Maison des Services au Public
rue Sylvain Floirat
24390 HAUTEFORT
Tél. 05.53.50.40.20
hautefort.mairie@wanadoo.fr

kind regards, Liz

1 Like

Thank you Liz, that is so very kind of you. Excellent advice, too.
My father-in-law, as it happens, is just coming out of hospital today after an Angina attack yesterday! So bring it all home to us just how careful we need to be with planning for eventualities.
That said, from everything we hear and read the French health care system is really, really excellent.
Will have the usual insurance cover, keep the emergency contact numbers to hand, and (as we do here) medical records to hand as well - just in case.
Very much appreciate all the advice given Thanks to all.

just bringing a little light-hearted humour to a serious theme… a few weeks ago, Doris (96) was rushed to the local hospital… (I went with them to offer support and translation if necessary.)

She was treated like The Queen… the staff could not have been more attentive or respectful. 10 different tests/x-rays/ultrasound etc. all done so gently in order not to alarm her.

Doris is profoundly deaf and all conversations are carried out with difficulty and very loudly… so there was no chance of being discreet.

She was delighted and dismayed by turns…" I like that handsome Doctor"… "I’m not staying here, you know ! " …“I shouldn’t really be alive, not at my age…” … “I’ won’t have any blood left”… “This is a lovely room.”…and, on being handed a bowl of tea… “I can’t drink this, don’t they have a cup…”

Everyone was so kind and concerned for her welfare… and that means she will not be so anxious next time…and there will be a next time, sure as eggs are eggs :grinning:

I “like them eggs”!!!