Exchange rates - are you suffering?!

No harm believing but the UK will need to maintain a weak pound for balance of payments and trade.

Agree with David it will be a very long time before we see a strong pound again, my son has a Precision Engineering Company in Dorset, which is doing very well thanks to the weak pound, He does not want to see it go above 1.15 against the euro and everybody involved in manufacturing is encouraging the government to keep the pound low which they are doing a good job at.

Sorry Chris, you are of course quite right.
When I posted that comment about not paying any TdH or a small amount of TF it was based on income in 2015 which was below the thresholds mentioned.
Since then, having just received my 2017 TF bill, I notice that that there is no reduction (whereas there had been in the past which I had not correctly identified nor understood) and can now associate this directly with an increase in pension income in 2016 (the start of the payment of our State Pensions) which has tipped us over the threshold above which it becomes due.
Once again, apologies for my misleading comment.

Seems like we are getting some relief. £1 = €1.1374 and $1.3590 today.

I wonder how this compares to using Transferwise…which has been excellent and charges very little ?

On 1st Sept my State pension was transferred into my bank at a rate of 1.083.
Same day I used Transferwise for a small transfer (250euro = £230) and rate was 1.086 plus a fee of £2 which is a rate to me of 1.077.