Food Lovers in France

Got to say it looks great one of my favourites. did you cook meat first or cook it as it should be from raw in the pud

It looks terrific. Did it taste fab too?

Steak and Kidney pudding, made with pig fat, fab :)

hope someone can help, curry emergency :/ do you think i'll get away with making poppadoms with normal four. i couldent find chicpea flour today in carrefour and was looking forward to whipping up a curry tonight. i've got everything else just no chicpea flour ...

Thanks Bryan, that's what I thought. Hopefully I won't have to resort to it.

I am sure it will freeze but cauliflower at its best is not that great frozen it will get wetter plus the sauce also will get watery when thawed. best bet is to put into a foil container with a lid and try it

Does anyone know if you can freeze cauliflower cheese successfully?

Thanks very much, folks.

http://www.hertzmann.com/articles/2006/steak/

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/dining/071200french-steak.html

I found these links useful, as I searched for the translation of 'onglet' (hanger steak), the latter by Anthony Bourdain.

James Burton's chart does not answer the question of translation.

All the best, I think I will have Suprême de Poulet for dinner (chicken breast!).

Ant.

Let's try it here Robert, I spent some time with my local butcher a while ago translating cuts!

Does anyone know where I can find a way to translate cuts of meat? None of my books (in Engilsh) are any good at it, so I hope to find a resource.

Thanks.

Thanks Julie, I'll give it a go on Monday :)

Can I use pig fat instead of suet to make steamed puddings?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a recipe for brown bread like mother used to make that I can get the ingredients for here in La Belle…
Merci

Hi Food lovers,
Does anybody know or can recommend a chef, cook or caterer in the Minervois.
Here’s why. I’m planning to bring an Art Tour to Trausse in September 2012. ‘Sketching the Food & Wine of the Minervois’.
It’s a pin head sized village and is 1/2 from Carcassonne.
Because I stay there every 2 years or so, in lovely stone cottages owned by our friends, it’s here 8 - 10 people will be based.
I’d like someone who does great local dishes, to do dinner for 5 nights. One of the houses has a big kitchen so serving buffet style might be best.
We can get a local person to tidy up afterwards.
Most of these artists are food/wine lovers too so will be keen to know about the dishes we have.
Any ideas will be enormously appreciated as I need a per head price for 10 people as soon as possible.
Merci beaucoup.

Food Lover in France, in the UK where I live and anywhere I go to really! If you are/know a restaurant/hotel or any business in need of a good, authentic translation (French/English) that doesn’t confuse the english speaking person, then contact me. Competitive prices for proofreading/revision of translations/translations of websites, menus, flyers, etc. Merci beaucoup.

you can get bicarb in the pharmacy

Thanks Sarah and Jan.

They don’t always stock icing sugar all year round although large Carroufs usually keep it. Try one of the other supermarkets if you have a choice.

Baking powder is only sold in packets, but you can get boxes of bicarb. No pots though.

You can buy 500g pots of sucre glacé in Leader Price.

Jan