Franglais Kids

Interesting stories.

Helen - I’m fascinated that you have English lessons in school, where are you based? We only have the foreign language English lessons (and there are lots of English speakers here) - my girls duck out of to do their Accents homework, after all Old MacDonald isn’t really appropriate for a 10 yr old maternal speaker!

Katie - you say that the book recommends not starting writing for 2 years which I’ve not heard of before. We start the English reading and writing in Grande section and then they learn to read and write in French in CP which works really well. I’d be interested to understand why the author suggests differently. Certainly the advise we’ve received and the evidence we have suggests this shouldn’t be an issue.

Lorraine - I love the basis of KinderMusik and look forward to finding a way to get the French round here motivated to learn English. The time will come :slight_smile:

Sam - I’m sure you’ll get there and they’ll settle well into Oz schooling, it’s just going to take time. It’s funny how life changes which is one of the reasons I keep up the girls’ English - you never know what’s around the corner!

If you have children born in 2013-(2014 in some communes inscription at 2.5 is possible for Maternelle - not ours) then now is the time to register them for school. You need to fill in the inscription form from your local Mairie and you may need to take the following:

• Livret de famille (I took original and translated birth & marriage certificates)
  • Carte d’identité du parent qui effectue l’inscription ; dans le cas où celle-ci est confiée à une tierce personne : autorisation écrite des parents et cartes d’identité du père, de la mère et de la personne mandatée (I took Passports)
  • Taxe d’habitation 2015
  • Facture (EDF, eau, téléphone ou opérateur Internet) de moins de 3 mois
  • Attestation d’assurance responsabilité civile et individuelle accident en cours de validité (This costs around 30 euro - look at MAE https://www.mae.fr/maternelle
  • Numéro d’allocataire CAF (family allowance number from CAF or MAF)
  • Carnet de santé avec vaccinations à jour
  • En cas de divorce : jugement fixant l’autorité parentale et le domicile de l’enfant (fournir l’adresse du second parent)
  • En cas de séparation : justificatif de la situation familiale (fournir l’adresse du second parent)

At our school you make an appointment to see La Directrice (Head teacher) and then they give you a date in June to go into the class on an afternoon visit to see what it's like & meet the children.