Gite and Chambre d'hote Owners chat

I checked with my accountant about 2 years ago, and he told me the limit was €81,500 for chambres d'hotes and gites. Hope that helps you :-)

Thank you Krister.

Thank you Wendy.

Yes I know that their are plans to make changes.

For Chambre d'Hôtes and Gìtes the limit is actually 81500€.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/F23264.xhtml

it was 32,000 something. But they have put in a bill to change it to 19,000 tho' I don't think it's been passed yet.

Morning

Can any one help please?
Under the AE scheme what is the max you can take per year

as an income?

Looking for a gite/villa for 4 people (2 bedrooms) for a swop with my gite in the Auvergne. Looking in the south or near french alps for possibly next june for 2 weeks. dates do not have to be at same time for our gite. Anyone want to swop?

We are on one off places. We have had several enquiries, but no conversions. It obviously has very interesting and excellent places to stay, but maybe the British market was not easy to break into this year with the awful weather and the exchange rate against us.

Can anyone tell me about the site ONE OFF PLACES

Is it a good place to advertise?

Thanks very much Cheryl - I've passed that on, think they're going to chance it staying closer to Caen, but thanks so much for the response - what a very pretty place you have. Best wishes from 87, Charlotte

Hi Charlotte, we are nr Lassay Les Chateaux 90 minutes from Caen, is that any good to them.

Cheryl

Hi folks, and happy Friday to you all - I've got a question for any chambre d'hote owners anywhere near Caen. We have a particularly lovely group staying with us at the moment, 2 young couples and tomorrow they'll be leaving us to head north. They're looking for accommodation overnight near Caen for tomorrow night, Saturday 3rd August - if there are any chambre d'hote owners in this group around there, or anyone has any suggestions, please do let me know and I'll pass that onto them.

Many thanks all,

Charlotte

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qApotyQM-80

All of us doing this jb will recognise some of the frustration here! Great therapy!

Evening all, I hope you don't mind this unsolicited message, It's for my son who is doing a 10,000 k charity ride next week starting in France and I'm spreading the word as widely as possible and thought some of the resident members in this group and their guests, might be interested.... http://www.survivefrance.com/profiles/blogs/k2k-kinsale-to-kolkata-...

Hi Jane, thanks so much for the offer. They are finishing three weeks travel to England then Italy and a week in Paris. They have never been to Paris so I think they will probably prefer to stay in Paris but I will certainly put your offer to them. You never know.

Hi Patricia,
I am not in Paris, but can offer for that week. Australians seem to love it here in the Clunysois. I know it is not the same and hope you can find something, but the offer is there.

Hello all, I have a double booking for May 21 - 26 is there someone in Paris who would have a vacancy for that week? Three Australian ladies. Thanks. Www.rentaparisflat.com

http://heraultwhatson.info/christmas-cracker-fair/ Just to say I will be at the Christmas cracker fair at Chateau Cassan in Roujan near Pezenas tomorrow and Sunday - come and ask me about renting your holiday home in Languedoc and how to fill your empty weeks!

My hotel pays 15%, and has done since day-1, and 3% for web-site "click-throughs". But I recently heard of a hotel not far from here that pays 35% during the "season" to keep ahead of the competition. We have no direct competitors here. Booking.com produces a LOT of our business, but what we rely on is "adding value" - i.e.meals. From our TOTAL turnover, we pay about 5% to booking.com. I would concur that they are the best agency to use. Laterooms,com are a waste of effort.

Thanks Teresa! I will look in to it for sure. And yes, we could definitely fit under the 'hotel' category.

Hi Teresa, just received email from booking.com with contract details and info. Rate is 17% for me, you were lucky with 15% perhaps its the new rate or it changes on location. More interesting if you can get people to book through your website I agree.