Hand Made

Oh, I think my ignorance (as well as my unfinishitis) is being exposed. I wedge the left needle in my lap,but then release it with my left hand to move the yarn (with left hand) as required, then hold on to that needle again. What does that make me? I saw videos with the yarn wrapped in different ways around the right hand fingers, with that index moving it, that is my dream.

Ah Maria, you shall be the beacon of good sense.

Judy, I would like to figure out how to not be a thrower. I was watching some YouTube demos, but find it very frustrating. I wonder if I could get "physical therapy" sessions from my health provider.

Helen, with all your crafts on the go, surely there will a WIP infiltration?

Ladies, I'll start a "Discussion" and post the short tale of the long scarf.

@Judy - I have just bought a knitting machine from e bay after owning one over 26 years ago - lets hope its like riding a bike - that you never forget????

Currently on the go -

• A waistcoat started many years ago - this is its third 'rip-out-and-make-as something-else' It must be because the yarn is some I bought in Littlewoods in Poole and they haven't sold yarn for a very long time - now I'm halfway up the back, then I'm done. Thank you Café Tricot de Vallière for getting me knitting again.
  • Some socks, with leftover sock yarn, as I've just begun knitting 'french style' ie i am no longer a 'thrower', and the method is far easier on the wrists than 'English' knitting.
  • And the project that is destined to last forever, pods for a beekeeper's quilt. The instructions say that you need 300+ for one that is 3ftx4ft...

and that's without the constant making of hats for my Etsy site.
Oh, and does getting my OH to get my knitting machine (boxed for the past 20 years) working again count?

ATB Judy

@Melissa - sounds like a plan! I have taken up my needle craft after a 26 year gap, and am loving it!

I am going back to old crafts (knitting machine, knitting and dressmaking) and taking up new ones . The first newie is crochet - I have already made a multi coloured afghan for our bed from vintage wool, a summer shawl made from organic cotton for my eldest daughter, and I have almost finished the front of a summer cotton top for my youngest. Whoever said absence makes the heart grow stronger was right on the money! I am loving every minute!

Hi to all the snow-bound crafters. Anyone want to start a thread on "Conquering the WIPs"? We could "expose" our unfinished projects, set deadlines and encourage each other. Finishing what I've started is my 2012 goal, and there's strength in numbers...anyone interested?

Knit your own Union Jack cushion (hurrah!) with Rowan Yarns free pattern http://www.liberty.co.uk/pws/client/pdf/Union_Jack_Cushion.pdf?utm_source=ECOS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=120210_SewLib