Hand Made

Oh how lovely! Thank you. You too a year full of good things.

That would be great, thank you! Yes year is better, last year was tears this year is smiles!will PM

Happy New year everyone!

Does any one have any ladies aran knit patterns they aren't using? I have a heap of wool and need to occupy my hands! Will copy and return any patterns lent!Thanks

Hi everyone. we have been in the Ariege as permanent residents fopr * months now and we are really very happy here indeed. We have opened a small boutique in our house and we sell hand crafted ethically produced items from around the world. Our shop is called Bumble Bee and we are based in St Lary which is approx 30 mins outside of St Girons on the D618 road. Our shop is next door to l'Auberge de l'Isard on the road to Rouech. we sell gifts and Christmas decorations for all tastes ages and budgets ranging from hand made soaps to pickles and chutneys, puzzles and games and toys for babies and toddlers plus wrapping paper and gift cards. we also stock Christmas decorations and hand made German wooden light up decorations. We are open from Tuesday to Friday from 11am to 6pm and Saturday from 2pm to 6pm - everyone is very welcome - drop in to buy that special hand made item that you will find nowhere else in France.

thanks Sandra, I just suddenly wondered!

Thanks Claire and Annie - will have a look seems just right!

Because donkeys live a long time - 40-50 years in captivity.

Me too, have used them for donkeys years( why donkeys years? ) For the kids at school and ow for the aprons and stuff I make, good quality not bad price!

http://jjcash.co.uk/

I use them all the time, they deliver to France and their prices are good I have just paid under £50 for two gross of double line tapes.

I am looking for someone who could do a very limited run of embroidered labels, if you know of anyone or could point in a direction where I could look that would be super - thanks in advance

Thanks for advice - am looking at Plassard website

The cashmere is so expensive that a mixture would still handle and feel good, but cost less. It would also wear better.
We have a huge source of yarn here in Southern Burgundy, the headquarters of Plassard are about forty minutes away and their choice if yarns are amazing. Have a look on the Plassard website.
Good luck.

Has anyone ever knitted a cashmere jumper? I want too but am terrified of the price if it doesent work out! Also any ideas on where to get 8ply cashmere - wnt to knit an aran weight jumper - would it be better to do it in a cashmere mix? Any advice would be great - thanks

Just a heads up that my local Lidel has some sewing and knitting items in this week. I got some cones of polyester thread yesterday. They work out well as I normally pay 3€50 for 5000M in Pau but Lidel were 1€49 for 2500. Only plain colours, white black , blue and beige, but the beige was a good beige and not a cream if you know what I mean.

They also had packs of needles elastic etc , which I didn't get I'm well stocked in that dept. There were some packs of acrylic yarn again basic colours but Ok. They are also selling a sewing machine and an over-locker which I avoided. I would rather buy serviced older 2nd hand than cheap new plastic!!!

Hi my name is Beth and I love hand made things. I make jewellery with silver and natural stones.

Nice to join the group.

thanks

Beth

Thank you Patricia and Alison , it is the biggest one I have made. I have hand quilted it because I am not at all proficient at machine quilting. I also like making aprons and cushion covers because the are so much quicker.

That’s beautiful Colette. I’m just about to quilt my second one but it’s twice the size of te first qulit I made, so it might take a while.

I am an Hour North Of Aire so not totally undoo-able. Don't panic about the late reply I am up to my eyeballs in aprons and Admin at the moment!!! No Stress

Hello again ,

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, and to Claire Owen, sorry about my very rude late reply!! We are north of Pau , about 20 minutes from Aire sur L'Adour, It would be great to see if we could do something together with the childrens stuff.

I'll send you a message with my numbers ,

Best wishes Sandy