Hand Made

Your collection of baby footwear is superb, Sandy.

Regarding craft groups, if you have a local expat publication (we have 2 in the Limousin - Creuse News and the Bugle) then that's an ideal place to put out feelers to meet up with other crafters. We've now got a group up and running covering Depts 23 and 87, that meets once a month for a general get-together, but with a shared e-mail data-base listing crafts we know how to do, those we'd like to learn and those members that have the space and expertise to teach. Maybe that would be possible in other regions?

Love the little sandals Sandy!

I do Aprons too, reversible ones. Where are you? Those bovver boots would go so well with some of my baby sets, could we get something going together. i sell on markets and foires around where I am in dept 32 and surrounding depts.

Hi Claire, thank you. I've just finished the bovver boots, I love that pair too, and yes I am going to try selling them , I took some along to a vide grenier /marche fermier that we had a stall at on Sunday, with 'vide grenier' type stuff, Neil's pictures and my bunting and aprons etc. Sold a couple of pairs of the baby shoes, but people did generally seem to like them. Good way of getting into conversation.

They are great I like the bovver boots in orange and blue. Do you sell these sandy?

Some of my latest project, knitted baby shoes. Don't like to call them 'bootees'

sounds like a plan.

Very nice to meet Patrica yesterday even if it was evil weather. Shame there aren't more of us in this area and we could meet for coffee or tea in my case and craft a bit.

Brax is the 30th of June

I will check my calender. in Nerac I am in the little road that narrows when you go from the post office and the main part of the market , near the charcuterie sanciler

hi Patricia. There aren't any specific artisans markets in Nerac but Vianne has an expo in December. I am an artisan and I am on the normal Saturday market at Nerac most weeks with my stuff. You may have to travel around to go to artisan markets ask in the office of tourisme. Once you start doing them others approach you. There is a vide de couture in Brax at the end of June, should be good mum and I are going to have a stall with the items we make plus hopefully vide some of our excess stash and habby. Drop by the stall in Nerac if you get a chance.

Hi Patricia. Existing grandchildren are 2 and 5. There is another on the way, but we don't know yet if it is to be a boy or a girl. I'm going to make them to sell, I think. Am going to set up Etsy shop. Fingers crossed for me please! :-)

A shot of our stand at the Marché des Artisans and Producteurs last Sunday.

Thanks Mavis. If I could just figure out why it uploaded sideways.....

That’s lovely Sheila, well done.

Oh, don't know why it posted sideways!

I have just finished this cute little baby girl dress and sun hat and am so pleased with how it turned out, I had to post the pic.

On Saturday morning I had to make thank you cards for customers and little hostess gifts, so I was quite busy. But OH helped out with the ironing and the boys made sushi for lunch - for a moment I thought that I had died and gone to heaven !!

I got my sewing machine out yesterday afternoon to make these cute coasters.