Hand Made

Thanks for the welcome, Helen. The wonderful weather on Monday, a friend in need and a mountain of Easter cards to finish have kept me from the computer. My favourite craft at the moment is making greeting cards - do I have a kindred spirit?

Welcome Kathleen!

Welcome David and other newly joined members!

I tried AZZA as well before I discovered Stampin' Up! and would come home and add brads, flowers and ribbons to make them feel more like my photos. My Azza demo then dropped and become my client as she prefered my style.

I don't fill my pages up as much as the americans, I would say that my style is a mix of the European and the American ways of scrapbooking.

I like to look at Page Maps for ideas of page layouts. It's a great site with lots of ideas.

Hi Allison.

I tried Azza, but its a bit minimalist for me, I like my layers and embellishments and the Azza style seems to be just photos and plain paper. I did a few pages, and still do do one occasionaly, its useful when you have say 7 photos but only want to do one page. Also, if you just did that, I think the album would be a bit samey. I liked their templates though!

Hello everyone, i have been a silent member on here for quite a while but hope to be able to get more involved now that I have moved house and have a bit more free time! Have just been catching up on this thread and loving seeing the pictures of everyone's wonderful creations. I love lots of different crafts but especially cross stitch, knitting, card crafts and scrapbooking (which I learnt to do over here Maria!)

For the last two years I was a scrapbooking teacher for an organistaion called Azza which is a Franco Belgian scrapbooking organisation. Their website is Azzaworld.com and I would be quite interested in what you think of it Alison and Maria as it is quite a diffferent style of scrapbooking to the more traditional American kind. I will try to be hi-tech and post some photos of my work on here soon.

Eve and Margo I have just moved to Bouches du Rhone after living near Beziers for three years and know of a craft group near to Narbonne. It is part of the International Women's Group which is in St Chinion and they meet at people's houses twice a month. Hope this is of some use to you.

Happy crafting everyone!

Thanks firls, you both make nice stuff. I look forward to seeing more. Scrpabooking seems not to be very widespread over here in France but I think its slowly catching on.

I'm a card maker and scrapbooker !! I have a blog at

craftyalisoninlyon.blogspot.com

if you want to see what I do.

Hi Maria,

I make cards(amongst other things) and sell them for our cat charity, I love playing around with papers and textures -here is a small selection

I collect old greeting/christmas cards to do this too, so if you have any please send them to us!

address can be found on www.chatsduquercy.com - thanks in advance!!

Hi, just joined. Anybody over here do scrapbooking or other paper crafts?

Hi sorry for the delay in getting back to you - been up to my eyes in sorting stuff out in Leeds before we come over and think hopefully getting there!

Our place is at the oposite side of the Ariege to Ax de Thermes and it takes approx 2 hours drive from our place to get there! We are almost in Haute garonne with only 1km to the border and we are approx 5 kms from Col de Portet d'Aspet which will once again be on the TDF route so riders will cascade through our village once again this July. We tend to access Spain for cheaper shopping via Bagnieres de Luchon as is approx 1 hour away. Many people get our little village mixed up with St Lary Soulan which is a ski resort - you should see their faces when they discover they have another 100kms to drive!

My knowledge of the Ariege (departement) is Ax les Thermes - we travel through there on our way to Spain and Andorra - are you near there??

Thank you for your very kind welcome! I am Lesley Kirton and we are moving into St lary Ariege in March this year [finally] and will be resident there hopefully for quite a long time to come! I love all crafts [well nearly all] and thought this may be a good group to belong to> I knit, sew and make curtains amongst many other things like make soaps and body products and generally create things.

Hope you get well soon Helen

Lesley

Welcome to out two latest members, who have rounded us nicely up to 100 members - I am unwell at the moment, but feel free to post away in my absence

If there is a craft group in the Toulouse area I would be interested in joining!

Just dropped by to say hello. Not working on anything in particular. Wondering if there are any craft groups around the toulouse area?

Welcome Ann and Deborah - Please do tell us what you are currently making at the moment

You can get them in a variety of colours and sizes. I had these left over from a commission I had to work with four groups of children to make costumes for a performance at the royal northern college of music in Manchester a few years ago - I was inspired by chain mail/string vest and we had to make something wearable in less than two hours…

Welcome Deborah - who will be our 100th member???

Elaine, it`s beautiful, what a great idea! Never seen them in different colours before or did you paint or spray them?