House sitting / General handyman

Like to experience France with a view to moving over. Is there anywhere to contact to see what opportunities there are available to work/help/house sit so as to be in the area of Eymet?
Thanks.

morning…what do you do handy man wise?
What work are you currently doing or have been doing?
where do you live.
Interested to know more about you.
May know of someone who can help you with your quest.

Hi Barbara. Good morning. Thanks for a quick response. I didn’t expect that so quickly!
In brief… I’m ex Army, cane out set up my own company…sold and retired 10years ago…9 years and 9 months later was bored so decided to do odd jobs etc to occupy myself. At present work as a telephone engineer whilst having a small holding of 20 acres and 65 blue face Leicester cross swaledale mule sheep situated in Lancashire. Would like to find out doing the same but in France.
Best regards.
Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Jan 2017, at 07:28, Barbara Deane survivefrance@discoursemail.com wrote:

Barbara Deane
January 16
morning…what do you do handy man wise?
What work are you currently doing or have been doing?
where do you live.
Interested to know more about you.
May know of someone who can help you with your quest.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Morning Steve, you could try looking on the workaway website. Www.workaway.info where you can stay in people’s houses etc and get accommodation and meals in return for 5 hours help a day 5 days a week. Work very much depends on what people are looking for and what you are prepared to do. We have just registered as hosts and I have a friend who has been a host for a few years now. We are about half an hour from Eymet. Good luck

Hi Nikki,
Thanks for replying. There’s so much to take on board and learn. It’s good to learn by other people’s experiences but there’s no substitute for doing it your self.
You’re mean too Ed “Host”. What exactly is that about?
Steve.

We are hosts as we are currently doing building works in our house ( loft conversion and refurb of bedrooms) so we can open a b&b. We therefore provide the accommodation and meals in return for some help with the work. Take a look at the website it will explain it much better than me.

Am not in the Dordogne area of France but in Normandie, quite nice here got some work if you want it, an empty room since the kids left home. Just had central heating installed so it’s warmer now than it was, and I’m not a bad cook. His nibs retired last year so now we’re starting the renovations 15 years after we moved out here, I work at the school across the road and we’re semi rural living just outside Bernay Dept 27. Currently it’s a tad nippy here a bracing -7°c but the sun is shining and we have some nice warm summers. Let me know if you are interested :smile: