How much was your neighbour's house ? Ask Patrim

This is our latest post on the Oldstonesblog - The quest for a French house with a soul.:

Do you wish to valuate your property, assess the property market in a search area or are you just curious about how much your neighbours sold/bought their house ? (we all are).

Ask Patrim, the new tool from French tax administration.

For that you have to be (or ask) a French tax payer. Then connect to your account and follow our HouseHunters tutorial.

Once connected, click on " Rechercher des transactions immobilières…"(see red arrow)

On the next window, tick the two boxes as shown : “J’ai lu et accepte les conditions…” and “Vente ou acquisition potentielle”. Then click on the blue button “Commencer”

You are now on Patrim. Select the property type (“Type de bien”), its size in sqm, an address (the search area center), a radius and the period of time for the sale search. Then click on the blue button “Rechercher”.

Here you are, you can see all sales in the area for the given type of property and the period.

But be aware that if the number of properties is too small, Patrim will ask you to widen you search.

Enjoy & Share.

1 Like

Or you can use…

http://www.meilleurtaux.com/services-immo/vendre-un-bien-immobilier/prix-de-l-immobilier-au-m-en-france.html

…and cross reference that with adds on Le Bon Coin, local estate agents etc.

Would not trust estate agents (or anyone else for that matter) to value your house.

Neither would I …:wink:. I advise Meilleurs Agents. Their tool is good.
However good their algorithms, none of them give you the property location. Patrim does.

The thing about meilleurtaux is that it will give you price based on condition, i.e haut, moyen, bas.

If your neighbour or someone else sells their house in your area, you probably won’t know its condition inside so the selling price will be misleading.

Condition is an important factor but Meilleur taux and Meilleurs Agents calculations are based on requirer assessments, that are not always accurate. Based on these assumptions, they depreciate the property by using a x factor. This x factor is not taking into account the variation in restoration costs associated with the area (they try but it’s too complex).

I am not saying their valuations are wrong. They are not accurate enough. I do take them into consideration but I also consider the vendor’s profile and motives, the area demand/offer ratio, the property use value (economic value) for the buyer and the overall life or business project this property will be part of. Thus I have a fair idea about how low the vendor is ready to go and how much the client is ready to pay. The difference between those figures gives the sale faisibility and determine my negotiation space.

You have to differentiate between a rural property and a city/prosperous town type property.

I think valuing a rural property is a bit like sticking your finger in the air. Having said that, there will always be a ceiling of what a given property will be worth. You just have to work out what that ceiling is. A 4 bed regardless of the quality of renovation will only be worth so much. I am not sure ‘quality’ of renovation brings much to the table to be fair in rural areas.

As you head into a prosperous town or city, then meilleur taux becomes a good guide…with a pinch of salt. In these areas valuation will always be based around sq metres and how well those sq metres are being utilised.

Fully agree. I was talking about what I know best, rural properties and unique goods like châteaux, that can be compared to none.

This seems to be quite a sweeping statement - any particular reason behind the comment? Just curious.

Mark, here in the Clunysois we have a demand for good rural,properties from professional people from Lyon looking for retirement or second homes.
Obviously, the prices are less than Lyon, but there is a certain cachet in living in the Clunysois.
Properties with superb views can also attract a premium.
Not all rural,properties are the same.

Aren’t you the person who told us so authoritively that all property in Paris had the same value irrespective of its location or condition? Make your mind up, please.

No, that is not what I said.[quote=“Jane_Williamson, post:9, topic:16326, full:true”]
Mark, here in the Clunysois we have a demand for good rural,properties from professional people from Lyon looking for retirement or second homes.
Obviously, the prices are less than Lyon, but there is a certain cachet in living in the Clunysois.
Properties with superb views can also attract a premium.
Not all rural,properties are the same.
[/quote]

I totally agree. Many commute into Lyon. It is only 50mins to Ecully.

I bet through, many of the family rural properties are not renovated into time pieces. In fact good family houses would sell very easily. Although, it is very difficult to bring up a family in that area and commute into Lyon.

On that note, there was a very very old stoney house opposite us (it was actually a very old court going back in ancient times…so it is seriously old) that was for sale for about 6 about years for 96k. 2 years later it dropped to 72K. We thought of buying it but would only offer 10 k given the amount of work required.

It eventually sold for 40K. The family have replaced the old ancient tuiles with machine made tiles and the old front door is now…you guessed it !!! PVC

The previous owner built himself a wooden new build on top of a hill that has views to die for.

A old farmer who has lived in the village all his life is moving to the big city of St Bonnet. Very difficult to live in these villages beyond a certain age. Especially in winter.

If it was not for the new builds, these villages would die !!!

Ecully. Thank you. I now who you are.

I know who you are. Guessed you before lol.