Illegal EDF tax. Have you claimed a refund?

The rumour mill is active. Media is as contradictory as ever. However, OH emailed and also wrote LRAR yesterday. There is a response like Andrew's one to the email saying they are dealing with it and that it may take up to 21 days. OK, that says nothing definitive except that they are possibly keeping it on ice until they find a loophole for getting out of it or getting the green light to go ahead and repay.

I have checked my Seolis bill and the charge is there so I assume it is also refundable. Got to be worth the price of a stamp.

Now I'm getting confused! Is the TURPE the same as the CPSE?

I've read all kinds of stuff on line.

One lady claims to have been paid already. Someone else said that the loophole will close in a couple of days so don't hang around. Etc. etc. etc.

I am posting a letter today and have asked for repayment from 2009, (thank you Cate for that link) on the grounds that if you don't ask, you don't get.....

I will keep you all posted. I'm assuming we won't get anything and if we do, it will be a lovely bonus :)

Good point and I did forget so will send a supplementary!

This is very confusing to me. Is/was there a deadline for submitting this request? Has anyone completely confirmed it's legit?

I will send my letter in tomorrow. I am claiming for the amounts shown on bills paid from April 2012 to April 2014. I haven't enclosed the bills but have included a table showing date of each bill, CSPE, TVA and totals. Here's hoping.

Jo I have done from April 2012 to April 2014. I have copied all bills and included that with the letter, as we all know what the French are like with paperwork, and I will send by LRAR tomorrow. Works out to be €203.69 for me, which will pay for their next bill!

Ok, so I have been following everything and think I will send off my letter tomorrow.

Just want to check a couple of things... shall I do 2012 and 2013, or from April 2012 to today? April to April for me is more, so I am inclined to do that!

Worth a try anyway... :)

Thank you Andrew :)

I pay by monthly "prélèvement", and the real facture arrives only once a year, in August. So I just added the two amounts of CSPE for 2012 and 2013, plus 19,6% TVA (because that's the TVA I paid). For me the total is about 250 €.

Sent the LRAR letter today, online via Laposte.fr at a cost of 6,05 €

So do you have to state the amount? Shouldn't they calculate it?

hi sandra, this is what i found

La réclamation ne peut être postérieure de plus de 2 ans au paiement de l'impôt ou taxe (sommes payées depuis 2012) ;

basically to reclaim this cannot be any more than 2 years ago.

and i didnt send the bill i did a mail from my edf account online.

yes i did this and put the amount that i concidered they owe me and "plus TVA en vigeur" ... so that should cover the question of the tva.

But then from 1st Jan it is 20% - très compliqué !

Hi all, when sending off for your claims, are you going back to 7th April 2012 through to 7th April 2014 or just all of 2012 and 2013. Also are you all including copies of your EDF bills with the claim letter? Thanks, Sandra

If it does work out then they owe me 308€.

When using the model letter, don't forget to ask for refund of the TVA @ 19.5 % which you have paid on the CSPE.

already got my mail back

Bonjour Mme,M. HELLIS,

Suite à votre mail concernant le remboursement de la CSPE:

Je vous informe avoir transmis votre réclamation au service concerné et vous serez contacté par un de nos conseillers dans un délai de 21 jours maximum.

Cordialement

Votre conseiller EDF

Thanks James - 171,86€ charged on my bills for 2012/2013 - so well worth a punt for a refund!