Is Xenophobia on the rise post Brexit?

Yes, that's so depressing. I don't actually know, I mean personally know, a single person who isn't vehemently anti-brexit. Not one. But then I suppose I and my friends and their parents and their friends are probably fairly typical examples of what the brexiteers disapprove of and dislike and therefore voted 'against'.

I don't think it is just because of terrorism it is because they also speak English and think the culture will be more their style. I can't imagine living somewhere I wasn't able to communicate in the local language with the same level of ease and nuance I have in my native language, and get the same pleasure from reading in it etc. especially once I was old, so I can sympathise with their motivation.

Well I think I can have it both ways really Shelly. Anbody who believed the charlatans I mention above and voted leave was daft, anybody who didn't believe the prime movers behind Brxit (i.e. the charlatans above) and still voted leave was daft. Especially voting in a way that slimy Gove could actually get into power was extraordinarily irresponsible IMO. Heaven knows what Gove could do. I think poor loony Boris realised that in the end.

I was exposed professionally a fair amont to personality type profiling over the years and have used it in building management teams around me. I found it particularly useful in identifying what I don't do well, or at all (loads of things) and plugging in colleagues that were able to cover those bases for the team. It did work well or, at least, a lot better than teams built without that insight would have. I'm an optimistic person by nature but all risks need to weghed up against the possible upside and downside. None of the piffle I heard from the Leave gang convinced me that a leap into the dark was justified. I agreed with a lot of their complaints about the EU and the need for reform but jumping out of the frying pan into the fire still doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly, international families with a broad outlook is totally unknown to many people, but also familiar to many whose children have moved to live and work away from UK.

And even my school and university friends who aren't multinational or multicultural (girls' boarding school in Scotland & Cambridge) are completely anti-brexit).

I make no apology for lifting this from the text of 'Brexit Facts not Fear'........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8

"1973 joined ...1st Euro referendum 1975 Spectator ande the Morning star only 2 newspapers to oppose Harold Wilson's government...

A pamplet was produced by that government that stated " No law could be imposed on the British public without the consent of their elected representative".....Fact 2 "No important new policy can be decided in Brussels or anywhere else,without the consent of a British Prime Minister, answerable to a British Government and British Parliament".

"The Minister representing Britain can veto any proposal for a new law or new tax, if he considers it to be against British interests".....

"This turned out to be figment of the government's imagination".......

Each time more countries join the EU, and another treaty is passed, each one bringing us closer to a United States of Europe, the number of laws requiring a unanimous vote, gets smaller and smaller...

"As a result of the Treaty of Lisbon, Briton lost it's veto in over 40 policy areas. Defenders of the EU, will tell you, that we can still block EU laws, even if we can no longer veto them.............

In the past 20yrs, there have been 72 occasions when Briton has opposed a particular measure on the Council of the EU. On all 72 occasions, Britain has been outvoted by the other member states."......

Good luck with any kind of reform, John......!

Before Britain voted out (with the likes of 'silly' Junker in charge) there was no chance of meaningful reform......we have done the other member states a favour, because there is now more chance of actually being listened to and considered...Plenty of other good reasons to consider leaving .....(if you have a long enough attention span,that is....)

I'd be more convinced if it were written in correct English, but there you are. An awful lot of pro-brexit propaganda seemed semi-literate to me, and the content was about as intellectually coherent as the style.

Graham my original photo was on here before, when I joined SFN in 2013, my page only shows me being a member since last year when i had computer/internet problems, Catherine helped sort my having to rejoin out and put my photo on for me again. Why it's not there now I don't know! I suggest you take it up with Admin!

That is really a matter for you to deal with, not me.

Ah, typical dumbing down of both language and argument!

Graham, you have complained and now you have a proper answer it seems that it is not good enough for you.

Graham, an aneurysm and brain haemorrhage is not "an issue" it and resulting "brain injury" causing physical and neural after effects, are facts of real life. "Issues" I can resolve - I can't turn the clock back though!

Also I am not a Troll, never was, never will be. I also hope, although I'm assertive, I'm not rude, but I do believe in telling people the facts, when necessary and they question my motives for anything I say or do!

Graham ....so why question why my photo is not there - I've given you the facts. It's an issue for you, not me!

Bienvenue à SFN Patrick, oui, nous du Brittanique - nous sommes les cousin. :-)

I'm out of here...

Get stuffed and mind your own business Jane

Thanks Jane, j'ai appréciâtes. :-)

I've chopped it about a bit, as I had to keep stopping the video and left some chunks out... ...I never learnt shorthand.....but writing is how he earns his crust.....try watching it 1st hand......

I thought you were/are all for democracy......this explains clearly the erosion over time of it in the EU...

'Crimplene cardigans'... a blast from the past.....!

I know you cant bear to envisage this, but it is just possible that we have/are doing the right thing....and that is what people who voted to 'Leave' feel.....and there is no smugness about winning the vote, because it was for most people not a frivolous decision.......Only time will tell.....