Macros

have no idea if I got this attatchment correct, If not I’ll delete immediately!!

Took this in Scotland last week (the buds are about 2 weeks behind here in opening).

Here’s one I did earlier as they say! Created the frame with Serif Photoplus X4.

Slight breeze wrecked the focus! Used stack of +2,+4 and +10 macro rings.

Similar ideas! I could not get full view of the stamens

Wonderful colours…i’d like to try that …Help request…I’m a beginner and I would really like to explore macros and see that you have suggested extension rings as a good way to start rather than expensive purpose built lenses. Do any of you know if this would be an appropriate way forward with a Lumix G2 ( micro four thirds)… any advice welcomed. Thanks denise

6x tulip

I’ve had some great shoots this week! Still working on exposure and focus issues, but I am quite pleased with these shots.

This is the first bee I have managed to capture! By golly you have to be quick!!! ![](upload://lSvJR5FYKivogAsavipbuedTIZS.jpg) Had to doa little bit of editing on this one, but I just loved the way the two flowers were interlocked!

Squash me if you dare!! Pooh.

Tiny little spider though. Strange creature.

Nice. Never seen one with such a big back. Nice colours.

Crab spider spotted on my plant yesterday. Eeeek!

Ain’t nature amazing - this could be a street map of a medieval city.

It’s part of the learning about using layers for editing, superimposing images, removing animal red eyes etc. You can make changes to images without damaging the original. At least that’s the theory.
I took some nice shots of a neighbours new dog recently. Trouble is the flash made the pupils flurescent green! So before sending them the pics, I’ve got to return the eyes to a normal colour. Red eye tools don’t deal with animal red eye. It has to be done a little more laboriously.

Hi Linda

Why masks?

Thnaks Stuart,
That’s what I was trying to achieve. By increasing the contrast in the editing process I was able to improve the definition a little. I used ViewNX2 for the basics. I have just down-loaded Serif Photo Plus Starter edition, which is the poor man’s alternative to photoshop according to the blurb. I like what I have tried so far. The tutorials seem to be clear and easy to follow, so tomorrow if it is raining I shall start working on masks!

I like the shot of the window Linda. I sent you a message about it.
I love the way you see the garden in the drop.

At last, can get images up-loaded! here they are. Focus is not brilliant, that does take a bit of getting used to.

Here are the raindrops (Must remember to remove cat hair from the window next time!)![](upload://sHJZhEJL1AR3o1RzNpCxn5fyY6k.JPG)

What better way of spending a wet afternoon than trying to capture the raindrops! First shot of a narcissus in the garden taken between showers. I used the +10 ring.
Then a couple of raindrop patterns on the kitchen window, which I then played about with, tweaking contrast and so on. Like you, I forgot to note what rings I used. Probably a combination of +2+4+10
PAUSE TO UPLOAD
I’m afraid you will have to wait a while longer! Once more I have connectivity issues, and the image, even set to 800 pixels on its largest side is refusing to load. Will try again later! Now between showers, I’d better take the dogs out!

Can’t wait to see the results Linda.

Got my set of macro rings today! Time to play…

Tiny mushrooms in our ash tree using a +6 combo.