Macros

I knew I could rely on the girls for some flattery. :wink:

Some amazing shots here! Wow.

Fabulous work Stu. Shame about the tick!

Thanks Sandy, that was the most difficult shot, without a doubt. I need a decent zoom lens!!

Great shots Stuart-like the flying one, mine were all out of focus or moving too fast.

Forgot one, I particularly liked this as well, along with the golden one.

By the way, only cropping and white balance, no other PS.

I knew I would find some here…Had to get into some fairly precarious positions for these. Oh, and brought a tick home.

Excellent!

The lens is my old 35mm/320 telephoto which is an equivalent of about 400mm on the digital Pentax. It gives a slightly soft result rather than the super sharp digital lens. The blue dragonflies were about 5m away and 8cms long and the green one 1.5m. It had dipped into the water and was stuck on the surface-I took the shot first then helped it to get free.

This is most encouraging Neil! especially as I am just about to order the 70-300mm lens! I wanted so much to capture the dark blue may flies, and oh the frustration of not being able to get close enough!!! Will let you know how I get on once I’ve got it.

Excellent colours.
These are not exactly macros as taken with a 300mm telephoto.

Absolutely love those Annie.

Plumbago duo on my balcony.

Thank you Karen, and very nice too. what flower is it please I love the colour of the Stamen? Pistil? Struggle with these!!!

Amazing blue! Well done.

Cicada and exoskeleton spotted in the vineyards at Puisserguier yesterday.

Thanks Stuart. I am trying to get things as right as possible in camera… not always easy, but this one is untouched! No cropping, no tweaking with Serif. It is as I framed it.

I have now got my tripod back with specially made fixing plate, so next learning curve now underway! I wish those hummingbird moths would stay still for a little longer! Kept missing them totally today! Think I need three hands…

I like that one Linda, especially the composition (or cropping) :wink:

I posted this on the Poitou Charente group and got a definition: It is a Hoplia coerulea.
Some great images on Flickr too, which then gave me this definition:
Hoplia coerulea

Class: Insecta.
Order: Coleoptera.
Suborder: Polyphaga.
Infraorder: Scarabaeiformia.
Superfamily: Scarabaeoidea.
Family: Rutelidae.
Subfamily: Hopliinae.