Making a cupboard from some old pallets

You're a clever man, James.

A well equiped tool workshop helps. This looks fab.

I lived in Amsterdam and had a flat that was built in the art deco period (1931). The kitchen work surfaces were made of terrazzo; a coloured concrete mix with lots of fine stones. I had it remade as it was cracked. A deep grey with green, white and pale grey stones. Very chic. The wooden mould took the most time.

Love it! Just the thing for my pantry, when I have one in the next house!! Will show it to hubby!

Very well done! I want an entrance hall like that!

This reminds me of when I made an fitted out my first kitchen with cupbaords made from 9ft long agricultural crates. I planed some wood for the surrounds and rebated them to then inlay with planks.

One of the best kitchens I ever had.

Hey James - look at this for the nails...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszNusNVJ2k

Oh, BTW James, the blue pallets are Chep pallets. They paint them blue to identify them, and they always belong to Chep. When you want pallets, you rent them from Chep and after you've used them, Chep come round and pick them up. Their drivers will go into yards where they see their pallets stacked up, and just take them away! Best sand off the blue if they can be seen from the road! :D

Same is true for the reds, and any with logos stamped into them.

Also in passing - what is V33? It seems to be Lasure, but I don't know what lasure actually is. What is it and what does it do and what is the difference between it and, say, Teak Oil? I suppose it must be better - my first table breathes water like a fish.