Music evening at the bar in Monleon Magnoac

Really nice yesterday evening at the bar. Trevor was in fine voice ably assisted by his daughter, Debbie, on guitar. Once off and running others joined in and all was recorded for posterity (or possibly blackmail) by John Slattery of the Flattery show on Radio Coteaux. Excellent turnout of both brits and french which really chuffed the lovely bar owners Rosie and Christian.

With such a good start we are considering making it a regular monthly feature of an ‘open mike’ evening at the bar. I supplied my PA so anyone who would like to perform need not bring amplification - so easy set up. I would be very interested to know your collective thoughts and if you would like to perform as an individual or more (anything that can be done in public without frightening the horses) please drop me a reply.

1 Like

Thanks, I will be in touch again when I have a better idea of our route plan.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I live in 65670 Monlong which is a little village on the D929 which runs between Lannemezan and Auch in the Haute Pyrenees. The bar is at Monleon Magnoac, about 4 kms from here. You would be more than welcome. I have a full Carlboro PA with six inputs so can accommodate most things. My wife and I also run a B&B so if you need somewhere to stay on your travels give me a shout.My telephone is 0562405663

Cheers

Monte

Hi Norman, I would be interested in palying at one of these open mic evenings in the future. I will be in SW France area for a few weeks in August touring around where exactly are you?

Hi Simon, it’s a little way up from you but our local bar has many varied music night including regular jam nights. We’ve rolled out of the bar near midnight and seen musicians still arriving from other gigs to enjoy playing with different people.