New 'Members Map' feature

The new Members Map feature has been implemented and can be found under the Members tab, please feel free to add your location by clicking the ‘add yourself to the map’ button and entering your address or just your town if you prefer.

Just checked the map out, should this site be renamed 'Survive South West France Network ? or are the other members shy poor things living in Normandy…all that apple juice and stuff. :slight_smile:

Hi Roger

Yes we will implement the pre-zoom feature if the map turns out to be a well used function, you can get to the map from the members tab, when you hover over that you get a drop down menu appear to the map. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the feedback

James

Good idea but could you A) prezoom the map to France rather than the whole world and B) as the membership increases provide some sort of search facility or a link from the members page?

hello, where is the map?

I cannot find it, it does not come up in the Search option, nor in Google when I type “survive France members map”.

Sorry Tess but we no longer have the map feature

O what a shame ! I wanted to see the proportion of English-speaking
résidants according to each région. These statistics are important for many
people, I feel…

1 Like

Hi, can you advise why did the membership map function get dropped?

regards
D

It wasn’t practical to reimplement after we ported to new software. Shame, I loved it!

1 Like

I agree its a great feature, can’t you “greenfield” it and start afresh? Or is it more the new software doesn’t support the function at all?

I could do that but their is no budget to encompass the cost of development unfortunately.

1 Like

Personally, I’ve never noticed the lack of a “Members Map”.

and if people do want to look into the distribution of nationalities across France, such details are readily available from the Census folk… :relaxed: