PM Theresa May says there will be no attempt to remain inside EU

"The new £4.50 note" would that be a post-decimalisation nine bob note? (And joking apart I have just realised I don't know what those old notes looked like, I can't remember old money)

Yes it does read like that I must admit "We are with them, but not of them!' Even Sir Winston Churchill opposed membership of EU" but of course they're totally unrelated - being from 1930 he obviously wasn't referring to the EU. John linking his comment to it looks a little confusing.

France and Austria are the only countries left (at least in Europe) where a woman can give birth without disclosing the father's identity. Apparently there are ways around that law.

" accouchement sous X "

I can only imagine how much that made you suffer.

France and Austria are the only countries left (at least in Europe) where a woman can give birth without disclosing the father's identity. Apparently there are ways around that law.

" accouchement sous X "

I can only imagine how much that made you suffer.

....an not to mention the appalling GB National Anthem being written by a German !!!

It must be time for a change to something a little 'lighter' maybe ?

I found out that my father was not told about my birth, so it was up to me to try and find him. I found my three step siblings and we were friendly for many years, but when I was diagnosed with cancer it became even more important to try and find him.

My mother was wealthy and the children did not want me to pursue it as they thought she would disinherit them and they too made false statements to the court, even going to the lengths of instructing their solicitor to take out an injunction without giving me me the chance to put forward my case, even though that went against established legal procedure. That was because I could prove that their statements were false as I had correspondence which they did not want produced in Court.

We could not afford a barrister as we had our money put aside to buy our house here. Eventually she withdrew as she would have to see me if she pursued her case and they semed to think that I had found a pro bono barrister, which, unfortunately, was not the case.

And Richard the Lionheart was a lad from Poitiers

Born in Oxford, though ;-).

Yes, so what is British and what is European? We are so in this together.

Correct me if I am wrong but Cornwall copper miners came from somewhere around mediterranean sea?

And died, in his mother's arms just down the road from me in Chalus (87) where his entrails were buried apparently. There is a 'Route Richard Coeur de Lion' which starts a couple of miles away and meanders down to Chalus.

A bit of a lad apparently, reports suggest he may have been bi-sexual.

I read someplace that he died of sadness having been rebuffed by a young officer.

He had asked to be buried in Rouen ' par amour pour la Normandie' beside his ancestors

http://gayglobe.us/blog/?p=6701

If you really wish to play on words, we should bear in mind that the British never voted for the EU, but for the Common Market.

Churchill's speech, whatever the date, was on the subject of a 'United Europe', and you can type and talk till the Queen and her daughter come home, he still said, "We are with them, not of them"

His message was very clear

I listened to a couple of Minford youtubes. As he said, they presented a economic model, not a reality.

Here's a real life example:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/08/26/491362623/americas-real-mountain-of-cheese-is-on-our-plates

I cannot really see UK handle a situation as described in the video with a profit, then again maybe if UK signs up to US ways of thinking.

Warning though, US cheddar is garanteed to contain no taste at all.

Phoenicians from Marseille went to Cornwall for tin.

Without resorting to wiki I thought his heart was in Rouen, or somewhere in Normandy with other bits of him here and there ! He had a tidy looking chateau in Falaise.

How all his guff has anything to do with the lovely Theresa May is a bit baffling tho'...

Yes, that was it.

He was wounded by a crossbow bolt at the siege of Chalus and died of gangrene. The crossbowman was brought to him and R the L said not to punish him, just doing his duty etc but as soon as R the L was dead they skinned the crossbowman alive and then strung him up. Or so they say.

His body minus guts and heart is in Fontevraud. I suppose the guts were a bit tricky because they go off so fast but still needed special treatment because royal. Didn't they analyse his heart and see how it was embalmed?

So that was another thing he was dead wrong on.

No-one's playing on words and I actually don't have time to "type and talk" all day - got a deadline to meet.

You caused confusion by posting "Even Churchill was against the EU" and linking it to something which for obvious reasons couldn't support that statement. No-one has disputed that Churchill said "We are with them, not of them" but it was in an article in 1930.

Yes, Churchill's speech was on the subject of a United Europe and the link you helpfully posted to Zurich 1946 shows he was proposing that Europe should unite together and form a Council of Europe. That doesn't support the argument that 'even Churchill was against the EU' either.

In addition, in 1961 he said the government were right to apply to join the EEC which later became a component of the EU.

"His message was very clear", yes, that he wanted a united Europe and membership of the EEC , not that he was against the EU.

Going back to work now.

wiki? Maybe we should not reveal the sources of our information.

I think we should, even when we know that some will contest even verified facts.

Wikipedia contains errors, so some defend the MSM against said Wikipedia. That's comical