Prélèvements sociaux

Replying while doing a happy dance . Yesterday I got home to a cheque for the amount paid in 2010 !!!! Plus didn't get chased for what they wanted for 2011. Will be rushing it to the bank ASAP in case they change their minds.

Silly question or not...

It looks like the tax office is now saying that they didn't receive the form 2047 and as such it isn't possible to give a 'dégrèvement'?

They are still ignoring the S1 CSG/CRDS issue and it seems the possibility of a 'dégrèvement total'...

Persistence pays. Well done!

Apparently they have part of the income down as RCM, revenu capitaux mobilier with a subsection 'revenus des actions et parts' or income and shares?

Amount RCM 3200€ PS tax 435€

Total income RCM/Pension 5850€

Oh, is that better or worse, because I have no idea!

OK David,

No problem :)

I have just requested a copy of the S1 form from the CPAM, but it won't be sent until next week, which is cutting it very fine when the payment deadline is 15th of November!

My understanding is that income from bonds is probably treated as interest. It's all very confusing indeed.

Sorry I have no more details. It was announced about a week ago. However I find that taxes like this are often announced and then dropped a few weeks even days later. I think it seems to be a technique here to wind you up, soften you up and then seem to be responding to public anger. It's happening in the UK too. My guess would be if it is applied then it would surely have to be applied to UK pensioners too but as the UK state pensions are much lower at the momemnt than French ones there may be problems. I think we need to watch the developments.

Hi

It's so annoying because this would be taxed in the UK if it was big enough, but because it isn't big enough they don't charge any tax!

I don't even know exactly what to quote, I've tried quoting the convention, but they say because of the convention the tax is due.

I sent various emails and a letter, no registered letter so if I have to do that then I suppose I have to do that, but I'm still not sure what I should say to make it work...

Looks as if I have been lucky then . You could try a letter using cut and paste with all the relevant clauses from the one I used. Goes with out saying recommandé with AR it got to be worth a try as it might go to another person other than the one who dealt with you. Nothing ventured...........

Hello David,

A new pension tax, is it on all pension income do you know?

Oh, I forgot.

An S1 was received from the UK and sent to the CPAM, meaning that the S1 in not physically in our posession....

What a nightmare.

I just don't know what else to quote to them....

It's so confusing.

What about income bonds (tax paid in uk if applicable) ?

At the moment, the person is considering not paying the PS which is due by the 15th of November, but I know that'll go down like a lead balloon!

I await their (Impots Carhaix 29) reply on my property income from the UK and will advise any response once I have it. I am not contesting the charge on a modest consultancy income. The amount I am contesting is in fact about 200 euros but I believe it's wrongly applied. There's a new pension tax of 0.3% coming up next year too so we are only just getting going. Don't forget VAT is going up too as is the tax on beer and other things.

Having read your reply Claire,

Here is the latest response from the tax office....

Bonjour,
Comme cela vous a déjà été expliqué le 30 octobre 2012:
vous avez porté sur votre déclaration des revenus 2011 des revenus de capitaux mobiliers ( revenus des actions et parts ) pour un montant de 3220€. Par courrier du 25 octobre 2012, vous indiquez que ces RCM sont de source britanique. Or selon la convention franco-britanique ( article 11 ), ces revenus sont imposables en France et entrent donc dans le champ d' application des prélèvements sociaux à hauteur de 13,5%.
Cordialement

The total income was 5850€ pension etc

They don't want to budge. I've been on at them, but they will not reimburse the PS....

Further to this saga, and as a corollary, I think I may have extricated myself from this charge successfully.

I visited the Tax office in Tulle this morning, armed with the demand for 1100 Euros, all my tax papers, health papers and a brand spanking new Form S1 (Which I had asked for from Newcastle, and which arrived yesterday morning). Had a brief interview with the agent at the tax office, who said it was no longer necessary to pay that amount, and who issued me with a letter/form to that effect. I shall wait to see if his superiors think otherwise...

Also called into the CPAM office with my S1, which means that from January I should no longer be liable for the URSSAF payments next year, either.

So some persistence paid off. The tax agent couldn't tell me why I'd been billed, and said that he wasn't aware of any malfunction in the "system" which might cause the tax office to not know what CPAM is doing. Well he would, wouldn't he!

All's well that ends well, I hope. I'll report back if it all goes t*ts up.

Chris

Replying to my self as I have today received an envelope full of papers from the Impots but sent out by the Tressoirie d'eauze .

As they have no covering letter I think I have been given a new Avis d'Imposition for 2010 & 2011 but there may be some discrepancy about the Prime d'Emploi that we recieve . It has been given a -(minus) in front of the figure, comparing it to previous avis d'impots from other years these also feature a minus sign They finish on page 2 with a line that says Restitution anteriure a ajouter and a + ****€( not realy a € sign on the fiche, but I put that in so that you can guess)

The other 2 sets of papers resemble the avis d'impots and say that I have been accorded a degrevement for the total of the bill disputed. I am surprised as included in the bill for the CSG & CRDS was the capitaux mobiliers (uk) which I had thought was subject to this charge but it appears they are reimbursing the whole lot. I have been sent 2 sets of this one for 2010 and the other for 2011.

It seems we have a successful outcome achieved by letter AR. Fingers crossed I don't owe them some of our Prime d'emploi back.

When I joined in thei thread a week or two ago, I was asking about the demande I have for prelevements socieaux when I thought AE's are exempt.

I have just returned from our Impots where a helpful (yes its true) man confimed that AE's are indeed exempt - for that part of the prelevement related to their earnings.

the error occured because the declaration of my earnings (from running a gite) was entered in the wrong box on my 2042.

If anyone is interested, I entered my revenues in box SNG as usual - but it should have been in STB.

I hope this is useful to other AE4s.

Geoff

Waves hello

Can all of you lovely people with black squares please swap them for a nice photo of a smiling face please? I’m thinking esp. you Vicky as you’ve posted so much in the last couple of days, you no longer qualify for the new member badge!! Thanks x

We are retired, we have a private pension from UK, my UK state pension and a few investments which are paying almost nothing.
We paid 180 euros last year and had to send him a copy of my E 121 to ensure that we were not charged any of the social charges.
For us it is worthwhile, as our tax affairs are accepted much more readily.