Qualified art teacher wanting to do one class from home

I’m a qualified art teacher, and I want to start doing a 2hr art class from home for small kids on a Wednesday morning. I currently work part-time being an English speaking childminder. I guess this would be classed as my main job, though I really want to start being considered as a professional artist and teacher (another headwreck with paperwork!).

Auto-entrepreneur requires alot of paperwork and time. Is there any other option for me to declare myself legally? I really cannot deal with too much paperwork (3 kids and hardly any time!). What does micro-entrepreneur involve? Would it work for my 2hr class or is there any easier way of doing things? Any useful advice most welcome.

Does AE require a lot of paperwork? I thought it was straightforward. It has now morphed into ME. You seem to be planning to earn money by starting a lot of separate activities, that will not be possible under ME. You will not escape the paperwork easily.

1 Like

On micro (auto entrepreneur as was), admin on an ongoing basis once you have your account set up involves logging on to your account once every 3 months, entering one figure (your turnover for the previous quarter) into one box and clicking Send. Really, how much easier can it get? Of course you have to keep your accounts up to date in order to know your turnover figure, and you need to issue invoices/receipts, but everyone who is in business has to do that.

You can combine activities under one micro entrepreneur registration, within reason, but if you want to combine totally different activities it can get more complicated and may not be allowed.

Maybe it has improved a bit from a few years ago. In the first months I was bombarded with lots of health coverage paperwork (as you must pay a seperate health and social charges on this scheme).

-------- Original message --------
Date:07/09/2017 07:22 (GMT+01:00)
To: doody.evelyn@yahoo.com
Subject: [Survive France] [Employed & Self Employed/Auto/Micro-Entrepreneurs] Qualified art teacher wanting to do one class from home
Anna Anna Watson September 7 On micro (auto entrepreneur as was), admin on an ongoing basis once you have your account set up involves logging on to your account once every 3 months, entering one figure (your turnover for the previous quarter) into one box and clicking Send. Really, how much easier can it get? Of course you have to keep your accounts up to date in order to know your turnover figure, and you need to issue invoices/receipts, but everyone who is in business has to do that.

You can combine activities under one micro entrepreneur registration, within reason, but if you want to combine totally different activities it can get more complicated and may not be allowed.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I don’t understand that. If you had just arrived in France then yes, you would have needed to fill in paperwork to get registered for healthcare, but that would have been the case irrespective of whether you were an auto entrepreneur or not. Likewise cotisations, you always have to pay them. But as said, once you have your micro entreprise account set up, you simply make your quarterly declaration (or monthly if you prefer), and your cotisations are calculated automatically and debited to your bank account at the end of the month. Obviously you don’t have to arrange an automatic debit if you don’t want, you can make the payment manually if you prefer, but why make things complicated for yourself.
I’ve been paying this way since 2009 and there has only been one hiccup in all that time, which was in the very early days and with hindsight it was probably my fault, but at the time I genuinely believed it was a system fault so that’s what I told them and they agreed and let me off the penalty.

You say you are a qualified teacher, have you taught in England or Wales? If so I’m surprised you are concerned by the amount of paperwork that is required by being an AE/ME.

It really is super simple and easy compared to the mainstream indépendant, believe me, I was an AE when it was launched back in 2009, now run a business with an employee and TVA etc to sort out :open_mouth:

Perhaps it’s because its all in French :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: No, I’m Irish and have not taught in Britain. Thanks to everyone for replying. I’ll go check it out!

eh ben, on est en France…! :wink: