So what classic car would you love to own and drive in France?

I may have to lower my expectations now I’ve discovered what they cost!

An MX5 doesn’t have quite the same exclusivity but it’s a hell of a lot cheaper…

1 Like

another alternative from the modern classics/‘usable as a daily car’ section is

1 Like

one of these is my daily drive… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This beautiful Chrysler

1 Like

or this fabulous Cadillac

1 Like

Any one of the first three would do me.

1 Like

Look out for “Bertie” at the next perigueux vintage day😎

1 Like

What a very nice MGTF… will certainly lookout for you…:smiley:

Maybe not a classic - but this version will be one day - and it is French !
Impressive handling, most of the time, and performance puts the showroom version in the shade, but at this price it should :grinning:

I would love to own and drive a Citroen DS convertible, as Mat Davies and RayR mentioned. However, I plan to ride a motorcycle in reality. :cowboy_hat_face:

I wrote off my Nissan 200SX tourer thanks to a non indicating lady and I now own a 1980 BMW 633CSi which is undergoing some renovation/overhaul. The Silverstone Classic was the most wonderful nostalgia fix for racing cars and displays - over 10,000 on show it was said - and what some cars!
On the subject of Capris, I live in Charente Maritime and there is a house in a village next to me where two are parked - a 2.8i and a 3.0S. Not in great shape but nothing that a respray won’t enhance.
Oh! I owned a Ferarri Dino GTS and the oneat the start is a replica certainly, but a good one, why spoil it with those mirrors and extra indicators! I bet it has power steering too which the original did not.

1 Like

We are fortunate enough to already have ours. Now we just need to ask the Prefecture to make parking spaces longer. :wink:

Last Sunday saw the Retromobile Salon in Bazas (33) and we saw some great cars - here’s some pictures.

IMG_1810%5B2968%5D-02

IMG_1801%5B2962%5D-01

Attachment-1%5B3008%5D-01 ,

4 Likes

For me, it would have to be comfortable and British, so I guess a Jaguar. Or maybe a Bristol.

Speed over comfort - difficult choice between these two beauties😊

20190228_080902

1 Like

We are bringing the Classic 900 Saab convertible to France. Finally it will see the sun!
OH will be so happy to drive top down more than trice a year.

make sure OH wears suncream

1 Like

Three fab cars. Which V8 lump in the Griff?

I had a V8S, the stop-gap V8 4 litre TVR brought out to tide over those people who snowed them under with cheques when the Griff was shown at a show - 2 years before it went into production.

Then came a lovely Merc CLK. Just like this but with the 2.3 Kompressor engine - faster, quieter than the 320. Good for 155 mph, I was tooling along a bit of urban dual at the 50 mph limit when my passenger said, “Come on then! Show me what it can do!”

I said, “Bob! You’re not supposed to say that! You’re a police officer!” And we’d just come from annoying his mates in a radar van …

But really, it would have to be the unspeakably beautiful DS Decapo. Or the world’s most beautiful car, The Bugatti Atlantique. The Citroen Avan Decap would be fun for a day out but you might not get far. And some Can-Can girls for company, in a Bugatti. what fun!

All photos taken at The Bugatti Owners’ Club annual event, “La Vie En Bleu” at their base at Prescott Hill Climb, just outside Cheltenham, Glouc. A wonderful w/e of Frenchness. Bugatti%20and%20Girls Bugatti%20Atlantique Two%20Ladies%20in%20a%20Bugatti DS%20Decapo

Spot on. See my pic of one going up the hill at La Vie En Bleu at Prescott Hill Climb.

I had two DSs. A DS19 and the fab semi-auto fuel injection DS23. What a car.