St Jean Pied de Port - Help required!

Hello everyone, My wife and I are seriously considdering making the big move from the UK to France. My wife and 4 year old daughter are both on a French passport and I am for my sins British. My wife is from the Basque country so she knows the region fairly well. Basically, we are looking for a BnB/gite/accomodation in the St Jean Pied-de-Port area for a few days and wondered if anyone on here is in that area? and perhaps could help us out with somewhere to stay for a few days and also hopefully allow us to pick their brains on their move experience, thoughts on the region etc. In the fullness of time we will be looking for a property that has the capacity to offer accomodation, not as a main income but would help to supplement other incomes so it would be great to hear from someone else in that area. I realise this is a bit of a long shot, but hey, if you don’t ask…

Thanks

2 Likes

Can’t really help you there Wayne, it’s an hour south for us. Nice place though! Best of luck with your move :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you James, hopefully someone will read my cry for help! finding somewhere to stay is easy, but finding somewhere in the region that’s owned by someone from the UK may be harder! - the only reason is so we can ask them lots of questions! I will continue to read the forum

1 Like

I can only suggest Airbnb that way you can read the profiles of the hosts before booking to find the ‘Brits’

Hi Wayne
We live near St Jean Pied de Port, we are English, we have a separate Gîte, have been here almost six years, and if we can help, we will be happy to! We have lots of Basque friends.
Check us out at www.jauberria.com or email hallett.kris@gmail.com.
Kris

2 Likes

Hi Kristine, Great to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to reply - I was beginning to think that maybe no one was out there! The main reason for me to contact English people is that I think I would relate a little more to the opinions and view points, plus I have to admit my French isn’t great at the moment!
I’ll be in touch via email soon

Once again, many thanks

Wayne

1 Like

I’ve now emailed you Kristine but just recently a lot of people have told me that my messages have ended up in thier spam filter for some reason, so just in case you don’t see an email from me just check your spam!

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne, email received, thanks. Will be replying.

1 Like