Still Lifes

Sorry, should of stated at the start to always work on a copy of the original file. When you have some experience of a programme, you do things automatically. There are lots of opinions on how to use Photoshop - there are several routes to acheiving the same effect and it does make a difference which version you are using. Also, unless you are able to print out at high resolution you won’t see much difference. Most images are viewed on screen anway and when other people see them on their screens the colours and perceived sharpness will change anyway.

Nothing was taken to heart mate, so don’t worry. I just like faffing around.

I just thought it was overkill. Try it and see what you think.

Your deux centimes are very much appreciated. You definetly have the “eye” for finding things that can improve a photo. Can’t be right 100% of the time though.; and as you say, it’s a matter of opinion.

I went to a photo competition yesterday and I’m sure my votes were diferent to what you or any one elsevoted. I’ll ask the guy I chose as the winner if he will let me post something of his here, see whatyou think.

Cheers
Stu

Hi Johnny
I just tried taking the light completely away from the right and didn’t like it. Maybe just darken it down but leave some texture.

There is nothing like growing your own (veg that is) for taste and texture. We try to garden organically and our visitors do appreciate it especially in summer salads.
Here’s a posterized pea.

I only know Photoshop - Image - image size - document size - resolution although other programmes must have this ability as well. You can then change the document size to fit the paper you are printing on. And printing to match what you see on the screen is a whole new can of worms!

Bet it was lovely, the Tomato that is and not the blight

I tend to under expose by half or one stop (try bracketing 3 shots) and then go to Adjustments-Levels to get the details out of the dark areas whilst retaining details in the highlights. For printing you can try upping the resolution to 300pixels/inch and saving as a TIFF.

One of last years crop before the blight hit.

Nice golden tone. Use sharpening as little as possible, try increasing contrast and saturation first.

One for the red theme as well.
Was that from your garden.

Very nice, as usual.

As I remember the second on up where it all gets busy was hard!

Like that a lot, especially the reflection from the petals(?), and the pattern on the vase, very good.

I see your onion and raise you a tomato

Nice; can’t even see the joins :wink:

This is a composite photoshopped together from four or five images.