Survive France Property Shop chat

We are placing our six bedroomed house near Agen, on the banks of the River Garonne, on the market soon and the house exchange idea seems an ideal solution to us, although we are not re-locating back to UK. If anyone, anywhere in UK is interested in the idea, we will consider property around 200k sterling. We haven't used the site much before so don't know how to put on contact details

I do not pay anything towards SFN as its primary use for me is a blog and listen to others views on various issues and post my own. All such blogs so far as I use them are free.

But if you are to offer a service, then that should certainly be paid for.

It seems to me that if you advertise a property then you should make a payment but that looking is free - much like most property web sites.

I have never been able to quite reconcile in my mind how James & etc. should be compensated for the facility they offer.

I ran a web site for a community that helped people get money they were entitled to but did not know how but did not charge anybody but then I did not need the income and helping others was the reward.

For example The Motely Fool is a web site for investors and etc which I use extensively but it also offers a set of "gossip blogs" for free. They make their money from people buying and selling shares, etc.

It seems to me that SFN can be a "free" service, blog things and a subscription service for "work done"

How would that work for you James?

Peter S

I don't think that would be acceptable to someone like myself who already pays an annual fee to SFN. I would expect it to be a part of 'the service' provided to members. Or, you insist on a small annual fee to all and include the house-selling side of it in the subscription, the service would then be free to all who chose to use it.

I think the system Anglo Info used to have of free basic ads with one or two photos and paying €5 or more for upgrades to more prominent search positions or for longevity seems the fairest.

Hi everyone, I'm looking in to building a platform/website for property sales/rentals etc that can compliment SFN as this page appears to be very popular. I need to know if you would expect it to be free to advertise your properties on, like Le Bon Coin for example, or if you would be happy to pay a fee. Or a combination of both based upon features available to you.

Please let me know what you think so that I can build something you're going to like.

Thanks!

James

SFN Community Manager

Have property in Brittany?

WANT TO SWAP?

your garage/grenièr/workshop/land

for our 40M SQUARE fishing cabin with land On the RIVER Vienne 86 -current value €22,000/£17,000

As promised details of our lovely property near St Foy la Grande...originally marketed at 375,000 Euros...asking price now 285,000 Euros... This is a private sale....

Phone 0553278193...email address in details...

http://www.frenchpropertysearch.com/House-for-sale-in-Ste-Foy-la-Grande-Dordogne-Aquitaine-France-details-11257.aspx

Thank you for this opportunity Catherine!

Property for sale 3 minutes from Riberac, Dordogne.

Fully renovated house with lots of charm and character. 150 m2 live- in area, most of which is south facing. The house is situated in a little hamlet just 3 minutes from the centre of Riberac which is a town with all the amenities, including various big supermarkets and doctors. Bergerac airport is 45 minutes away. Pretty front courtyard with gravelled terracing to the side. Wonderful views of the countryside. Big entrance hall with exposed stone and huge arched fireplace. The kitchen leads on to the lounge with exposed stone everywhere, beams and chestnut floors. Step from the lounge through the French door onto a lovely big terrace with views over the rolling hills and valleys. Climb the original oak staircase to the first double bedrooms with en-suite shower and loo. Just along the hall is the "medieval" bedroom with huge bathroom next door. The third bedroom which also doubles as an office is in the tower above. Large cellar. The house has gas fired central heating as well as a Godin wood stove in the lounge. Outside is a newly renovated outbuilding which has water and electricity connected and this has a big veranda/patio with lovely views as well. This building of about 30 m2 is used at the moment as an atelier and the building at the side as storage. Lovely garden of about 1000 m2 with roses, cherry, walnut, plum, fig and peach trees and vegetable patches. This property dates back to the 15th century and served as an Archer’s Tower. It has recently been restored to a high standard. This is truly a unique property. The views will not be disturbed as it is adjacent to farmlands which has been in the hands of the same families for hundreds of years. It is a tranquil, peaceful place without any noise whatsoever.

Price: 268,000 Euros

Summary:

Entrance hall

Kitchen

Big lounge/dining area

3 bedrooms

2 bathrooms

2 toilets

Cellar

Outbuildings

Contact Jessie Mooy at jessie.artceramique@gmail.com

Or phone 05 53 90 91 38

House exchange wanted Poitou-Charentes to UK Berwick/Alnwick, 150,000€...*etc

There's been so much interest in this thread that I'm finding I have to look carefully at the intro in the mail box before opening the dozens on offer!...As per my heading, would it be a good idea for us all to state our 'wants' or 'haves' clearly in the initial heading so that only those pertinent need be opened (although by all means go through all if time not a problem)?

* For ourselves, If anyone interested has something they think I'd also be interested in PLEASE let me know :-) On borders of 86, 79 and 16 depts..In quiet hamlet but access to large village with all amenities nearby, 5 towns to choose from within 15-20 mins, Poitiers airport and/or centre 35 mins north. Also Niort and Angouleme both within 55 mins drive. We have a 3/4 bed renovated stone 1821 farmhouse, 200 msq, with lovely features retained,en-suite to main bedroom, all reception, kitchen and bedrooms very good-sized rooms. Wood burner and modern elec heating, and 1/4 acre of completely private southfacing landscaped gardens, view over countryside from front, set on very quiet lane. Roof, elecs and plumbing up to date, Fosse complies to new regs.

No pics at present because this proposed SF site has only just started to take off, and to market for a sale I'd need to do all homework, etc...whereas I'm realistic there probably isn't likely to be a suitable exchange BUT....you never know!

For Northumberland we want preferably an older house/flat within either town, also that it needs refresh perhaps but not full renovation (age catches up with us all!), and we would like some outside space if possible, depending on budget. unfortunately whilst we could accept a price-differential of excess sterling in our favour, if needs be, we cannot do the other way, as we are no longer candidates for a mortgage in UK due to retirement and age factors.. :-(

I mentioned this idea to you about 2 years ago,

Do you remember Catherine?

However...

we will be marketing Clos de Chinon for sale.

We are wanting to downsize soonish.

GREG....

Just to let you know the link in yesterday's post, doesn't seem to be working......I get 'page not found'.....

Greg, I cannot make the link to your site.

Shameless self promotion via 'repost with piccies' to whet your appetite(s).

Property / Business for Sale - between Montpellier and Beziers

Montblanc, Nr. Pezenas - www.lamaison-rose.fr - 04 67 76 03 37

We will now consider a seriously reduced price (well we don't have much choice). Previously marketed in excess of 500K, but our purchaser could not secure the appropriate finance. Due to time constraints - we lost three months with our previous 'failed' buyer - and our distressed domestic circumstances, plus imminent bank repossession is now threatened.

Sympathetically modernised ex-maison de maitre with 9 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3 reception rooms, large

kitchen diner, jacuzzi swimming pool with extensive terracing...and even a duplex appartment to finish to your personal taste(s) plus off street parking for up to 6 vehicles.

Since 2007 we have been operating as a Chambres d'Hotes guest house arranged as 3 family suites plus 3 double / twin beds with shared bathroom facilities. Full occupancy through the summer season has been consistently achieved producing revenues circa 35,000 euros - but we recognise that a lack of mid-season bookings has been our downfall.

Extensive viewings are welcome : Offers in excess €325,000 invited.

We have dozens of photos and favourable reviews too baulky to display here.

If you do a Google search "La Maison Rose Montblanc" we will appear. I suggest you click-on the resultant, third down, 'booking.com' option since we used them extensively last seaason. Lots of further information will then be available to you.![](upload://tgjvFQKE26s3suKOxW2mgDzrIFN.JPG)![](upload://mV2UMEPuck1DB0xWyS4OziyLZyA.JPG)

Jane, we may well have one, I'll check - thanks, text is not my strong point!

Neil,your property looks wonderful and I enjoyed looking at it. Just a minor point, in your detailss of the converted barn it sounds as though it was written by Gerard Hoffnung, as you have a widow in each sitting room!

Hi Neil...(love the sombrero :-)...we're North of the river...on a hill with fantastic views overlooking the Dordogne valley. I will post full details with loads of lovely pics soonest...

Sounds interesting Heather, north or south of the river?

Count me in...we have a beautiful 4 bed roomed...Perigordine property...in two acres...near St Foy la Grande (24) for sale.

I will post photos and details later...

No Nico, this was in the Charente (notaire) about 25 years ago. I know who you mean tho'. I have no news of his 'investigation' - hope he's ok cos' he's a decent bloke in my opinion.

You mean St Angeau?