What do you all do? Post your links here!

Thank you for the invite... my cell is 0782 48 50 69... would love to visit.

We too live on the Camino, in Garris… just the other side of St Palais.
Do feel free to pop in for coffee sometime soon.

We’re on Airbnb too… :wink:

Hi Elaine, what a great job.. I love animals too.

Great!! I will be watching for AIRBNB neighbors.

Thanks Suzy... yes, it has been a hard 4 years here... and yes if in the area let me know.

Wow Melanie. Your house looks epic! I live just outside of the Basque country in Sauveterre-de-Bearn. I often cycle near and around St Jean PdP and I bloody love it! Good luck to you ;)

I have a small registered boarding kennel just inside the Gers about 30 minutes from Toulouse.

https://www.facebook.com/topdogtoulouse/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Throughout my life it has always been my dream to work with animals and I'm enjoying every minute.

Hi Melanie, I am sure I speak for most of the people here when I say 'welcome' and goodluck with the venture. I think there are a few others on Airbnb as well, so hopefully they will come on and you can compare notes, and probably make some friends!

Hi Melanie,
Your house looks beautiful and you have very good reviews.I don't know the Basque country but if I ever get that far south I will look you up. Very sorry to hear about your husband,it must have taken a lot of guts to continue on your own.

Hi everyone, My name is Melanie Lardapide. I am a expat from California. I came to the Basque Country, Saint jean Pied de Port, 5 years ago with my Basque husband (chef of 40 years in California) to retire and turn the family farm into a BNB. I will not bore you with details, but my husband is now living out the rest of his life in a nursing home. I could have given up and moved back to California, but decided to try to finish our dream. As of last August I joined AIRBNB.com and my life now has changed. I do not have a website, but you can find me on AIRBNB.com. Search Saint Jean Pied de Port, then "Maison Jauberria-incredible view or Maison Jauberria-2nd floor. I am truly blessed to be living and sharing this 300 year old family home and to wake up every morning to an incredible fairytale view. Hope you will look me up if you are visiting Saint Jean Pied de Port or starting your journey on the Santiago de Camino.

No worries. Actually, I haven't watched UK TV for 13 years but I have seen Biggest Loser over the internet. VA is hard to get into from scratch, I was just lucky. Have a nice evening!

Ha! I've just got your joke. Excuse me for being slow. You know, I don't watch UK TV anymore so I don't know this programme ;)

You're a VA. I'd like to do this but haven't a clue how I would get into it.

Thanks Rachael and next time I will try not to be so slow!

Only kidding, but I do need to be on the "Biggest loser" TV programme as I have put on so many kilos over Xmas! :-D

I'm a virtual assistant. Good luck with the teaching online, it sounds really good. I hope you get lots of customers.

No, you are not. I don't really feel like a loser tbh :)

I've just started out teaching online so I feel quite lucky to have work.

What do you do?

Why Marie? I bet I am the "biggest loser" ;-)

Currently helping a friend renovate his family home just west of Perpignan. Slow process as I am living (renting) with my wiife in Cheshire and traveling down here for three weeks at a time with a months break in between. Now the flights are getting better with spring approaching I may come down for two weeks as my marriage comes first! Doing the donkey work in the reno, knocking things apart, stripping doors, damp remediation, lime pointing and plastering…
I do have to very shortly find an actual job and have been looking at opportunities and businesses for sale both in UK and France. I was involved in the holiday rental market in Florida, Director of Housekeeping for 300 luxury properties. I also helped my wife run a very small horse farm that we lived in. I sold orthopaedic implants for 20 years, mainly in Australia, worked for a short time as a clock maker with my father and was in the French military. I basically have been somewhat of a vagabond taking whatever opportunity as it came. We got fed up with Florida and decided to return to UK initially as it is close to my Mum in Chester and parents in law in Nice.
Who knows what I will end up doing but when it happens I will post it here.

I teacher English online for a Chinese company. Mainly to Chinese children. It is the closest I have come to slave labour ;)

I am getting a lot of experience so I can't complain.

Does anyone else teach online?

Many thanks Elaine, good to know… :slight_smile:

You register as a user and then create your advert.
You get 3 photos free but can add 7 more for a small fee.
I added the text in both English and French as there are savvy brits who also use the site.