What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

A totally unexpected bottle of champagne was delivered at lunchtime… a very nice thank-you from someone I had been helping manoeuvre through the bureaucracy…

Made my day…

So, what has brightened your day today ???

1 Like

Yesterday…my wife found her ruby ring which she had lost

1 Like

Oh Phillip… that is really wonderful…:blush:

1 Like

y‌es - a pressy for our Ruby wedding anni a few years ago… coeur

De : survivefrance@discoursemail.com
Envoyé: vendredi 24 février 2017 14:09

![|45x45](upload://fQqdvBPpPxUMlAuIXbhOz3BhnbT.png "smwsplr") smwsplr stella wood
February 24

Oh Phillip.. that is really wonderful..![:blush:|20x20](upload://pUsAe7PdufyxydQCelFaGZM9D6L.png ":blush:")

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

![|45x45](upload://wxDbuUHOzNf8SXsHkJHXcpeBjaL.jpeg "phillipcox") Phillip Cox
February 24
Yesterday.....my wife found her ruby ring which she had lost

Previous Replies

![|45x45](upload://wxDbuUHOzNf8SXsHkJHXcpeBjaL.jpeg "phillipcox") Phillip Cox
February 24

Yesterday.....my wife found her ruby ring which she had lost

![|45x45](upload://fQqdvBPpPxUMlAuIXbhOz3BhnbT.png "smwsplr") smwsplr stella wood
February 24

A totally unexpected bottle of champagne was delivered at lunchtime... a very nice thank-you from someone I had been helping manoeuvre through the bureaucracy..

<p style="margin-top:0; border: 0;">Made my day..</p>

<p style="margin-top:0; border: 0;">So, what has brightened your day today ???</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</tbody>

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Spent the day traveling north with Catharine to visit family, stopped of at a couple of nice places near Bordeaux. lovely day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

James and Phillip…

Thanks for adding your happy moment… I thought we all could do with something to counter the negativity etc that is rife at the moment…

Sad to see that out of the 63 people who have looked at this thread so far… only us 3 have actually had something happy to report…:innocent:

1 Like

By using the word sad I think that you are misreading the data. Three people have replied to the thread to share their experiences but that doesn’t mean that many, many more have not had good experiences, it’s just that they don’t feel the need to share them. I cannot remember any day recently when I could not find something that might be considered to have brightened my day but the truth is, even at this time of year, life here is great and the extra special incidents are just the icing on the cake.

1 Like

Fair comment David…

But it does seem sad to me that folk seem to be more willing to share the bad experiences they have had…or simply argue the toss… than to pass on something good, something that might bring a smile to someone very much in need.

2 Likes

Well, the first thing is that I don’t have the expected hangover :laughing:, and the second is that the sun is shining, always makes for a brighter day​:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Well, good news indeed… sunshine all day here too … washing already on the line and blowing wildly… :grin:

How did you avoid the expected hangover …any tips you wish to pass on… ?? :wink:

So warm and sunny this morning I’ve already finished the bit of garden remodelling I’d planned to do today. Interesting visitors visiting this afternoon to look forward to as well.

1 Like

David… that sounds intriguing…:wink:

Listening to the news this morning that Donald Trump has banned the BBC from live whitehouse news reports, it just keeps getting better, about time someone put them in their place.

I think DT can lift any day and get the pulses racing…:wink:

Comments like this remind me to take care when reading your posts in the future. Thank you for making your bias crystal clear to see.

Not that interesting. Most people grow things in their gardens, I spend my winters growing my garden by clearing overgrown corners and moving piles of rubble. I’m not sure that was what the nursery rhyme was going on about…

Mary, Mary quite contrary?
How does your garden grow?
Well, I get my strummer, brushcutter
And scythe, clear the rubbish then,
Voila, my garden has grown by 50m2,

I think I’ll stick to the traditional version.

2 Likes

Ha ha David… lucky you… we only have a gravelled sun terrace…(but it does look down over a wonderful valley).

Clive has built a corner raised-bed for me… still waiting for it to be filled with soil… only been 12 months… I keep emptying old plant pots into it…now thinking of having a “bring a bucket of soil” party :grin:

What bias are you reading into David?

Only that you side with the likes of Mr Trump before the BBC. Always safer to know these things.

1 Like

And here’s me thinking that it was the bbc that was Bias.

1 Like