What is wrong with French shops?

No Carol, I was a GP for nigh on 30 years on the Isle of Man, but now retired. Still live on the IoM, but have a holiday home in the village of Pepieux in the Aude.

Bravo Carol, have your say like it is...

Come and join the young ladies club Mrs W! Sending you an honorary invite!

Remember "Are you being served?" with young Mr Grace!!!

Like!

When I first started as a GP in my practice, I was the "young lad". 30 odd years later they were still calling me "young Dr Harrison" even though retirement was beckoning!!

Sniff. No one called me a young lady. Time to change my profile pic? ;-)

Dear Carol

I too have been called a 'young lady' this afternoon in this very same discussion. I suggest we now start our own exclusive club - membership two at the moment but probably likely to rise :)

And you don't look 70 by the way!

Richard's comment " changes HAVE to come from the indigenous peoples, NOT those that want to live in another country" couldn't be more wrong! One only has to look at America, Australia, Japan, the UK, in fact EVERY country - ALL heavily influenced by immigrants! in fact, America & Australia are actually RUN by immigrants. my neighbours LOVE Scotch whiskey. I wonder how that got here?

To Carol lokicki,

Nooo young lady, if I have something to say to a particular person then i will say their name at the top, as i have done to you, I don't make hidden inuendo's about anyone, if I have have given you that impression then i apologise.

I may, as you say, be irritating, but even you, have to admit, its been an open and lively day, and by the posts made it has seemed to captured peoples attention, even though weve swayed on and off topic a lot.

And yes, I am truly a very happy person, as is my wife, living here in France, perhaps thats because i am retired and don't have to worry about the drudgery of having to work for a living

And taken in the same manner, I could enter into yet another long diatribe in order to state my opinions, but I don't really see the point anymore.

To Phil,

I'll you to fathom that out lol

BIG like!

:)

You certainly do seem to have, dare I say Richard, an unusual persona and that is not a dig. Not sure if we met in "real life" whether I would take an instant dislike to you, or get on like a house on fire.

Still like to think that half of what you say is tongue in cheek, or am I being too innocent in my thinking!!

Finn,

All I do is put my point of view, I like to read how others see things differently to me.

As far as moaning is concerned, well others might call it other things, I don't recall moaning about living here, or moaning about niggly little things that happen in my life, but if you think "moaning" is saying to people, basically, get a life and enjoy it, accept the fact that things are different ANYWHERE you choose to live , then yes, i suppose I am moaning.

As far as using the delete / stop following button, nooo I would never dream of it, the repostes -- good and not good -- are all worth reading , as i find them enlightening, and it makes my rather narrow knowledge of living here , either, as I see it, as a guest -- or as an immigrant, as others see it, expand with each post.

I have already, in the past offered to leave this forum should I be upsetting too many people, you only have to say, as i am sure I will find another site which might, and i say, might, be more ameniable to my way of thinking, but I have found in the past, once you find a forum that has no --'body" --- no great differences of opinions, it soon fades and die, and this forum, at the moment is thriving, simply because of its diversity of opinions.

I genuinely lIke to think, whether what I say, or more importantly, how OTHERS interpret it, is sometimes helpful --beneficial --- or even --- enlightening, but then i will never know that, except by the fact that I appear to be shot at from every angle in existance, but that to me is "MANNA FROM HEAVEN".

Time for a new swear word Brian - "Batteries"!!!! lol

Pre-empting the next mail that is not yet up as I write. No, been MoM already, make sure you nominate/vote for somebody else...

Guilty ;)

I think most of us saw the direction in which your tongue was pointing!!! But just think of the web hits you have generated :-) You must have qualified for Member of the Month :-)