Where do you get your yarns?

I get them here, e bay too - there are a lot of chinese sellers who sell sewing andf knitting notions and will deliver free - around 2 weeks, but very reliable.

Yarn paradise wool costs around 1 euro per ball delivery, but is still reasonable IMHO

Thanks for that Karen. I wonder is crochet/knitting a "dying" art? Or maybe it is just not that popular in France.

Although I have bought yarns locally, I've found the selection very limited so now buy most of my yarn via Deramores website. They have a good selection and postage is reasonable and fairly quick to France.

During a UK holiday on Dartmoor I found this shop who are happy to send yarns to France. Based in Bovey Tracey, Devon, they sell yarns for every purpose from cushion covers, Aran sweaters etc down to delicate silk/alpaca lace. Wonderful place to visit, with a good web site. Not cheap, maybe, but very knowledgeable and helpful. When my latest lace shawl is done I shall start on the winter one using New Zealand Touch Alpine brushed Aran-weight yarn in many shades of mauve and purple which I bought there.

Spin a Yarn, 26 Fore Street, Bovey Tracey, TQ13 9AD www.spinayarndevon.co.uk

Thank you ladies for some very useful information. I am a weaver (and spinner) and therefore I make most of my own yarns but it is always good to have this information.

Hallo Sheila. I do a lot of knitting in Autumn and Winter and found that Deramores.co.uk are very good. Their service is prompt and they send via e-mail special offers and discounts.

1 Like